Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Lowered Springs

JJGKS

HI CAN ANYONE HELP.

I HAVE AN AVENSIS 2.2 D4D ESTATE ON A 56 PLATE .

IM LOOKING TO FIT 19 INCH RIMS AND NEED TO LOWER THE CAR.

NOT SURE HOW MUCH, THE CHOICE I HAVE IS 25mm 30mm OR 35mm.

THANKS.

I can't imagine just how bad the ride quality is going to be with 19" 40 profile tyres, just changing from 16" 205/55/16 to 215/50/17 makes for a harsh ride. Usually just lowering the car by a max of 30mm as TRD or TTE do will make a big difference to the looks etc but as for the handling I'm not sure what the outcome will be even taking into account having to fit camber bolts and adjusting the tracking to suit ..... interesting stuff even though.

I personally don't think the Avensis is the right car for this sort of thing but keep in touch with the finished job. :thumbsup:

Regards

Pete.

i had 235/35/19 on my vectra gsi lowered 40mm

looked sweet but horrible ride

you have to be spot on with the offset at this size and lowering

id submit a question on youtube to these guys if they can speak english?

see what combos some of them are running

im wanting to lower mine 40mm on a koni strut and spring setup with a nice set of 10 spoke 17 or 18s or something

aww just seen the volvo meat slicers on one of them at 2 mins 5 secs - how rank , nearly as rank as the bmw style grille.or the chrome overload.

some nice touches in there too though

If I wanted my car to look like a Golf GTi I would have bought a Golf GTi. Still, wahtever floats your boat eh?

HI ALL.

THANKS FOR THE REPLYS,NOT SURE ABOUT THE GOLF THING ?

NOT TO BOTHERED ABOUT THE RIDE ISSUE,JUST WANTED TO PLAY WITH WHEELS AND SPRINGS.

AND JUST FOR FUN SEE THE LOOK ON THE AUDI/BMW BOYS FACES.

I,LL POST PICS AS SOON AS IVE FITTED ALL THE ABOVE.

:bangin:

• Like 1

The Golf thing is simply me being a bit boring and failing to see the point of lowering an Avensis but its not my car and if it makes you happy then go for it.

Can we have a report on how it goes? I bet there are a bunch of people who aren't quite brave enough to do it themsleves but will probably follow your lead once you have proven it can be done.

HI CAN ANYONE HELP.

THANKS.

I have a 54 Plate T3-X and has -35mm Toyota springs and 17" T-Spirit wheels. The ride is still comfortable although a little firmer. The car handles a lot better and corners like its on rails. I like yourself lowered it so it looks a similar stance to the Audi / Mercedes crew have. The car looks loads better, I would recommend doing it. 19's may look a bit too big though...when you do it let me see the pics.

You never know I might end up with 18's / 19's too..

HI CAN ANYONE HELP.

THANKS.

I have a 54 Plate T3-X and has -35mm Toyota springs and 17" T-Spirit wheels. The ride is still comfortable although a little firmer. The car handles a lot better and corners like its on rails. I like yourself lowered it so it looks a similar stance to the Audi / Mercedes crew have. The car looks loads better, I would recommend doing it. 19's may look a bit too big though...when you do it let me see the pics.

Here's what it looks like if you are interested,

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/47619_10151654017823009_954243636_n.jpg

sits nice

i too am looking for a set of juno wheels

and a 35 or 40 mm drop

That's looks really nice. Mine already came with 17's and it looks kind of low compared to others I have seen. Did different specs come with different shocks / springs?

That's looks really nice. Mine already came with 17's and it looks kind of low compared to others I have seen. Did different specs come with different shocks / springs?

The car is on the standard dampers. The springs are TTE (Eibach rebranded) supplied by a local Toyota dealer and are designed for use with standard dampers. They are progressivley wound so the ride isn't badly impacted but is firmer without being skittish or choppy.

I got them from the eBay outlet of Pentagon Toyota...

I would say they are a good compromise.

Don't know about 19's it'll make the fillings in your teeth shake loose,plus it'll follow every rut n tramline the white lines :)

Am looking for 35mm lowered springs for my 52 plate 1.8 vvti and a set of 16 or 17 inch wolfrace octanes,love the black spoke n polished rims.

It's a great car but the handling when driven enthusiastically let it down.In my exp (with Cavs ,Sierras and Vectras mostly) a strut brace and beefed up anti roll bars help a lot more than hard springs and large wheels :)

I hope you lot are telling your insurance companies about all these mods :meet: (that's Robster in the middle by the way) :yes:

Pete :naughty: .

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

post-83856-0-81191200-1372759896_thumb.jHI ALL I HAVE FITTED THE 19" RIMS AND LOWERED BY 25mm.

RIDE IS FIRM BUT JUST LESS BODY ROLL, COMFORT OK.

IT DOES JUST CATCH THE INNER PLASTIC ARCH ON THE FRONT WHEELS BUT A QUICK FIX AS THERE IS A SQUARE MOULDED TO THE INSIDE WHICH I WILL REMOVE WHEN I GET CHANCE.

post-83856-0-08557700-1372632236_thumb.j

The 19's look awesome. The tyres look really low profile, are they 35mm?

Mo

YES MO.

225.35.19 s.

SPRINGS ARE Eibach.

NO TRAMMING EITHER,BUT I HAVE HAD THE 4 WHEEL ALIGNMENT DONE AND CAMBER ETC ADJUSTED.

COST ME £44.

ALSO DECIDED TO NOT CHANGE SPRINGS MYSELF AS DEMON TWEEKS ONLY WANTED £80 +VAT,SO SAT DOWN HAD A DRINK AND WATCHED THEM DO IT.

LOOKING TO CHANGE CAR FOR NEW SHAPE NEXT YEAR AND DO SAME TO THAT.

ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS OR HELP.

• 1 year later...

HI CAN ANYONE HELP.

THANKS.

Here's what it looks like if you are interested,

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/47619_10151654017823009_954243636_n.jpg

Shame this link doesn't work anymore as this is what I want to do to mine

YES MO.

225.35.19 s.

SPRINGS ARE EIBACH.

NO TRAMMING EITHER,BUT I HAVE HAD THE 4 WHEEL ALIGNMENT DONE AND CAMBER ETC ADJUSTED.

COST ME £44.

ALSO DECIDED TO NOT CHANGE SPRINGS MYSELF AS DEMON TWEEKS ONLY WANTED £80 +VAT,SO SAT DOWN HAD A DRINK AND WATCHED THEM DO IT.

LOOKING TO CHANGE CAR FOR NEW SHAPE NEXT YEAR AND DO SAME TO THAT.

ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS OR HELP.

looks good, did you repeat with the newer car too?

Hi, Does anyone have any more pictures of a lowered Avensis estate? I'm considering a 35m or even 40mm drop however It would be really helpful to see some pictures first!

Thanks.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, Does anyone have any more pictures of a lowered Avensis estate? I'm considering a 35m or even 40mm drop however It would be really helpful to see some pictures first!

Thanks.

This one is mine from Denmark, lowered with H&R adjustable coilovers, 8,5x19 tomason tn4

toyota-avensis-sol-d-cat.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

That's cool, any static non-arty pictures?

HI CAN ANYONE HELP.

THANKS.

Got any photo's?