Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stock Radio-Is It Possible To Change Colour From Boring Green To White

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

HI,

As the title suggests...has anyone ever considered or even managed to change the colour of their stock radio from the boring green light up to say white/blue etc?

Its obvious you'd have to open it up, but where abouts are the bulbs/led's and how easy would it be?

Hmmmm...

:flowers:

Hi Sam,

Thought you had fitted a new head unit long ago or is this on your friends rolla ?

Think you might find its a problem to change background colours as I think its all connected to the make up of the actual lcd plates which dictate that green effect.

Also the leds used on the lcds are usually custom designed to integrate across the width of the lcd plates and doubt you will be able to get near them without destroying the lcd.

Well thats my experience of smaller lcd units, might be totally wrong with this head unit. suppose its worth a look ..?

Hi Sam,

Thought you had fitted a new head unit long ago or is this on your friends rolla ?

Think you might find its a problem to change background colours as I think its all connected to the make up of the actual lcd plates which dictate that green effect.

Also the leds used on the lcds are usually custom designed to integrate across the width of the lcd plates and doubt you will be able to get near them without destroying the lcd.

Well thats my experience of smaller lcd units, might be totally wrong with this head unit. suppose its worth a look ..?

THANKS Codger...it is for a friend...by the response results i'm assuming nobody has attempted it or may be everyones fingers are too frozen to type,lol...so glad my Rolla starts up 1st time everytime in the most severe conditions...remember my Avensis...carazy days!

I've done mine...well not me, but it cost me about 10eur for changing 15-20 plcc2 leds...behind the screen there are regular bulbs, so I've put normal yellow/white with orange/red caps and a sheet of plastic foil between the screen and bulbs wink.png

http://www.crazyleds.co.uk/PLCC-2-3528.html

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4184-serbian-coolrolla-ts-02/

Hi Sam,

Looks like a good job DZINI has made there, think you will be drooling over his many rolla mods for months !!

Not sure what other colour leds would work with the black characters of the lcd, though expect orange /red is popular.

Re the smd leds used, they need a good level of soldering ability and the right tools with the board on a bench I would think.

Hi Sam,

Looks like a good job DZINI has made there, think you will be drooling over his many rolla mods for months !!

Not sure what other colour leds would work with the black characters of the lcd, though expect orange /red is popular.

Re the smd leds used, they need a good level of soldering ability and the right tools with the board on a bench I would think

Hmmmmmmmmmm...and more Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...true say Codger...and THANK YOU Dzini

I've soldered the door switches and cd wheel control leds by myself, and it was a bit hard and pain in the...but I've made them all work :D

I've soldered the door switches and cd wheel control leds by myself, and it was a bit hard and pain in the...but I've made them all work :D

Hey Dzvini...Any chance of a guide on how you did the stock radio pretty please?

:flowers: