Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Motor Insurance

BassaJay

Has anyone used/does use Toyota Motor Insurance via the Toyota UK (owners section) website - would be interested to hear of your experiences and opinions. It is apparently underwritten by Aioi Nissay Dowa Insurance and I must confess to never having heard of them.

• Like 1

Never heard of them but if you are looking for a decent insurer then usr the clubs insurance scheme underwritten by Adrian Flux and being a club member you can get up to 15% discount

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/feature/owners-club-insurance

They've provided Toyota Insurance for as long as I can remember, well that's since my first Toyota which must have been about 7 or 8 years ago. You can read about them here http://www.aioinissaydowa.eu/timnet/index.php?SID=513e6f6f93601873650506&page_id=3251

and they have dedicated teams for the Toyota and Lexus operations:

http://www.aioinissaydowa.eu/timnet/index.php?SID=513e6f6f93601873650506&page_id=3253

Don't forget Toyota insurance got a Which recommended buy/best buy award

They've provided Toyota Insurance for as long as I can remember, well that's since my first Toyota which must have been about 7 or 8 years ago. You can read about them here http://www.aioinissaydowa.eu/timnet/index.php?SID=513e6f6f93601873650506&page_id=3251

http://www.aioinissaydowa.eu/timnet/index.php?SID=513e6f6f93601873650506&page_id=3253

Thanks for that, so with that testimonial I take it you are insured through them ? If you take up the 3 days free insurance on new car collection, logically that must also be through them. The underwriter's name does not exactly roll off the tongue though.

I've been with Adrian Flux for a while now, mainly due to a few light modifications. When I rang for a quote last year using the Toyota line, I ended up speaking to the same guy I had minutes before for my renewal with A.Flux !

I've been with Adrian Flux for a while now, mainly due to a few light modifications. When I rang for a quote last year using the Toyota line, I ended up speaking to the same guy I had minutes before for my renewal with A.Flux !

Perhaps A. Flux esq. is 'moonlighting' :o

Thanks for that, so with that testimonial I take it you are insured through them ? If you take up the 3 days free insurance on new car collection, logically that must also be through them. The underwriter's name does not exactly roll off the tongue though.

No I didn't actually. I went with AXA, though I won't be going back to them again, after finding out how bad their customer service is. I wanted to buy pet insurance so settled on either AXA or Pet Plan. I pm'd a few questions to AXA on their facebook page, and they told me to email them, so I did that. AXA never bothered to answer my email, so I went with Pet Plan instead. So I won't be getting any more car insurance off AXA.

I did get a quote from Toyota last year and it was a fair price that beat many others, but they lost out to a cheaper company. Maybe next year

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with Toyota insurance, but never knew they even did insurance until I bought my car and it was offered to me. Very cheap and easy to sort out. Can't say much else, I suppose you only really get to find out how good they are when you are unfortunate enough to have a crash. But so far so good. I was with Direct Line before and found their customer service (and price) to be the worst. I'll never go with them again.

The latest Which? report on car insurance came up with the Which? Recommended Providers for car insurance based on the policies meeting minimum Which? standards (quality), being regulated by the FSA, and having good customer scores (experience of Which? members) - rather than being cheap.

The Which? Recommended Providers in descending order are:
NFU Mutual (score 83%)
Volvo Car Insurance* (79%)
LV= (76%)
Nationwide Building Society (76%)
Toyota Insurance* (74%)
Mercedes Benz Insurance* (74%)
Volkswagen Insurance* (74%)
Age UK (74%)
Marks & Spencer (70%)
The Co-Operative Insurance (69%)

*Toyota Insurance, Mercedes Benz Insurance, Volkswagen Insurance and Volvo insurance were included in the recommended providers as they will insure any make of car.

Have renewed mine with them now, not the cheapest but if you are unfortunate enough to need their services there is a certain peace of mind in knowing that any work would be carried out by a Toyota approved repair centre using genuine parts and any work guaranteed for 3 years. Also a courtesy car is supplied.

Does not matter who you are insured with you can have your car repaired at a Toyota dealership or where you wish. You may lose the loan car you were promised though.

Does not matter who you are insured with you can have your car repaired at a Toyota dealership or where you wish. You may lose the loan car you were promised though.

I realise that but a guaranteed loan car is part of the 'peace of mind' package, at least it is for me. Most insurers will only guarantee a loan car if it is taken to one of their chosen repair centre's - that could possibly be a Toyota one but not for certain.

Was a program on the tv a while ago now,about repairs that an insurence companys assessor demands from the repairer they want a owner to use. this includes using parts ( including paint ) from suppliers they demand. because they get a back hand from the suppliers Also dictating how long the work should take. there was one case of leaving out a door reinforcment part out to cut the cost of the repairs.

If you were to forgo the loan car and demand the repairs be done at a Toyota dealership you would not have these concerns.

I dont know if all Toyota dealerships have there own bodyshops or not,some may use an independent shops, but would supply any Toyota parts used.

Was a program on the tv a while ago now,about repairs that an insurence companys assessor demands from the repairer they want a owner to use. this includes using parts ( including paint ) from suppliers they demand. because they get a back hand from the suppliers Also dictating how long the work should take. there was one case of leaving out a door reinforcment part out to cut the cost of the repairs.

Back hander,

In my day as a Loss Adjuster they were called Retro Payments or Miscellaneous Contributions....

• 3 weeks later...

Have a multi car insurence for the wifes and my car.. As its due for renewal ive been through the soul destroying checking out different online quotes.

Dont know if many other companies do it now, but Aviva now charge you £200 if you dont use one of their approved bodyshops.

Aviva, I was always taught that if you cant say anything nice say nothing...

NOTHING......

With an independant insurer you can ask to have your car repaired at your local dealer but boy, you will have to jump through hoops!

The insurance industry dictate EVERYTHING Where you take it (usually a bodyshop OWNED by the insurance company) parts used, discounts, time to repair, the lot! When you insure with Toyota, all the hard work is taken out for you. The dealer knows how much is going to be paid for the job and there will be no second hand / spurious parts fitted, which can happen with oher insurance companies

Nearly all bodyshops will have a loan car programme and it is very rare that you dont get one

Kingo :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going through a claim with Toyota Insurance at the moment and have to say I'm quite disappointed - even though this woman reversed straight into the side of my NEW Auris, because the other driver is telling a bunch of lies, and there were no witnesses, they are settling for 50/50 which will affect my no claims protection etc - they don't seem to have the will to fight for me when the other driver was definitely at fault!

Needless to say they know I'm not happy, and claim they're going back to the other lady's insurer, so let's wait and see... won't hold my breath though!

• Like 1

Sad - no independent witnesses, your word against theirs.

Been there. 11 years ago waiting at an island and a Focus drove into the back of my 2 month old Primera. No independent witnesses. Other driver lied by saying I reversed into him!

Insurer (Norwich Union) settled 50/50.

I'm going through a claim with Toyota Insurance at the moment and have to say I'm quite disappointed - even though this woman reversed straight into the side of my NEW Auris, because the other driver is telling a bunch of lies, and there were no witnesses, they are settling for 50/50 which will affect my no claims protection etc - they don't seem to have the will to fight for me when the other driver was definitely at fault!

Needless to say they know I'm not happy, and claim they're going back to the other lady's insurer, so let's wait and see... won't hold my breath though!

It is sad but they can only go on what both parties tell them. They wont have the will to fight for you because it is one word against another, so just too easy to settle 50/50

There is a lot to be said for onboard cameras to record everything that happens. many a claim has been sorted out very quickly when the video evidence points to one party telling porkies to the insurance company

Kingo :thumbsup:

i didn't know you could get insurance on just a motor. with a toyota it seems like a great idea. probably all that would go wrong with an old one

• 4 weeks later...

I am insured with Toyota. They gave me the best quote and the customer service were very friendly. It also gives me piece of mind that only Toyota parts will be used. Just had my 1st claim for a new rear bumper due to a person driving into me from behind. All sorted nicely and quickly. But...

1. My complimentary curtesy car of similar standards provided by a rental company never realised. In fact they never called me as promised. Toyota gave me a Yaris (i'm 6'5 and 16 stone) only after i asked, but admitted it was wrong.

2. They promised to come pick up my hilux on a flat-bed, but drove it away, wasting my diesel.

3. Gave me a choice as to which Toyota centre i want to use, and then changed it without notifying me.

There were so many false promises and lies today over the phone. At least my vehicle is fitted true Toyota parts at a Toyota centre, and i get a warranty. And that is the most important to me. But sadly all the promised extras is a pack of lies.

• 1 month later...

Which? have updated their list of Which? Recommended Providers of car insurance. Four brands depart the list due to a fall in customer satisfaction over the past six months - these are: Age UK, M&S Money, Toyota Insurance and Volkswagen Insurance.

John Lewis have made changes to their policy and have now become a Which? Recommended Provider for car insurance.

The revised list of Which? Recommended Providers are: NFU Mutual, John Lewis Insurance, Mercedes Benz, Volvo Car Insurance, LV=, Nationwide Building Society, and The Co-operative Insurance.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links