Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Avensis 2.2 D4D Diesel Engine Stalling At Start-Up

Adrian.ldn

Hello,

I am new here and I would like find out more about an issue with my avensis 2.2 D4D Diesel 2005 .

The problem is that last thursday when I left from work, after a while driving, the dashboard lighted up and the engine stopped. I couldn`t manage to start it up afterwards and I had to use a booster from a garage near by to start it up. As soon as we started it we did a Battery test and a charging test also and it showed that the alternator wasn`t charging. After a few minutes I stopped it and when I tried to start it again didn`t want to and it would have run only if I kept my hand on the key in the ignition because as soon as I released the key the engine would cut off. I managed to get hold of a brand new alternator and changed it on friday. Tried to start it again but nothing..the same thing - as soon as it turns and try to throttle it it dies. Changed also the ignition switch but nothing. Please advise

I gave this advice a couple of times before and so providing the engine is actually turning over ok ... Clutch IN ... NO throttle and start the car .... don't touch the throttle until the engine speed picks up itself, you may have a faulty MAF or temp sensor but just see if this works first.

Pete.

Thanks Pete I saw the posts before but wanted to explain my own problem as it is. Just had a diagnosis computer on it and it gives the error P 020 injector open circuit but nothing related to the MAF sensor. The thing is that I didn`t felt any changes recently in the engine running (no noises or unusual running). I will try to clean the sensor tomorrow or maybe I will be able to find another one to swap them to see if there is any change.

• 8 months later...

Hi Adrian,

have you fixed your problem???

I have same problem, mechanic told me to change the fuel pump , possibly driver injector and alternator. looking for 1000 pounds so far.

please replay :ermm:

• 1 month later...

Ive got the same sort of problem ..anyone got any ideas im pulling my hair out and dont know weathe ti go to main dealer

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links