Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Iq Horn

chezwot

I would like to replace the horn on my iQ as the one fitted is feeble but it does not seem accessible without removing bodywork. Is there some way I can disconnect it remotely and connect the power to another horn located elsewhere, or will I have to take it in to my dealer? Any advice would be most appreciated.

Hi Chez, I agree with you about the puny horn on the iQ, and I know someone on here fitted a mega-horn! Really nice and PEDESTRIAN WAKE UP sound from it. I wondered if Mr. T. might fit a Toyota derived horn from another car, like one that sounds normal, but a two-tone horn as they get more attention, might as well get a decent one right? I too would be interested to discover what is possible with this... interesting.

:toot::g:

I can tell you that the Lexus 200 have 2 horns high and low notes and sound good. They are about £33 each though, they can mount to the chassis anywhere and fabricate wiring for them from the existing horn wires and leave the original one in place where it is

David

Thanks Gents, I had intended to leave the existing horn where it is and run power to a new horn/horns from it, however, I cannot get to the existing horn and my question was, is there an alternative where I can intercept the existing horn power source that does not require removal of the whole of the front of the car?

I imagine not, It's probably all wrapped up in the loom somewhere. I think it's also used as part of the alarm system so I guess keeping it out of reach is a good thing.

Sure my car has two horns, I think there is one behind the bumper and another next to the engine on the drivers side?

Anyway, Removing the front bumper is actually really easy and takes all of ten minutes. There are some small hex head screws underneath the leading edge, a few more along the top under the bonnet, a couple of plastic clips each side then it simply pulls off. Disconnect the fog lights if you have them before walking away with the bumper.

Most cars I've worked on have a twin horn setup, a low and a high horn. They sound silly on their own but together make a proper horn sound. Should be able to get a pair from eBay or a scrappy cheap enough.

Craig.

A scrappy is where i got pair of horns from. Just make sure the have not been left on the car they come off open to the elements due to bodywork damage. They tested them for me with a Battery they keep fot testing parts before you pay for them.

Remember if you go really powerful like my Stebel Naughtilus, to wire it through a relay as the do draw quite a bit more current that the standard horn.

All good stuff. Actually you can see the diaphragm through the top right-hand grill as it was slightly in the way when i fitted my DRL's

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links