Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Load Area On Estate, Side Compartment Dividers?

AJW1100

First question regarding my TR Estate.

There are two recessed areas one to the left and one to the right side of the rear load area. The floor parts of these area's are seperate from the centre section and on the forward edge where it joins with the wheel arch there is a 'Groove' on the wheel arch and at the back on the veritcal face of the back panel there is a 'tongue'. I would assume these are for the fitting of a divider of some description that can be slotted between the tongue and groove to keep small items from moving around?

The dealer did not know what they were for!

Are there dividers for this, or, if not what are they for?

Regards

Alan.

Hi Alan, yes, they are for plastic dividers. (about 4'' high|) I have them on my 'spirit' 09 wagon. They are handy for putting bits n' bobs behind dividers to stop them moving around the rest of the boot. You might be able to get them off the 'bay' or a scrapper.

Cheers, Nick.

Thanks Nick. I will go hunting, at least I know they exist - which is more than the dealer did!

Regards

Alan.

I'm not picking up my car until tomorrow but I have had a thought, I think that it is more than likely the horizontal side covers can be used vertically. I will have a try out when I pick the car up!

I Could be the winner of the silly question of the day...... :disgust:

Sorry Alan, that won't work I'm afraid,just been out to try it. If you want side partitions it will have to be the real deal I think. If you have the plastic inserts in the car for them,ask the seller for them or check under the platform. It's got loads of storage space n' places to put bits,they might be hidden away in there somewhere? worth a look. Good luck 2mrw picking it up. Nick

PS. If you are handy with wood it would be easy to make a pair up to slot in. If you want a template for size let me know n' I can take one off mine for you n' email it.

Hi Nick.

My hopes shot down in flames!! Looks like I may have lost the competition :dontgetit:

I have emailed Toyota to find out part numbers for them. I am quite handy with wood, I used to build R/C model aircraft from plans so this should okay, if Toyota come back with nothing or they are extortionate I will take you up on your kind offer.

I did not notice anything under the load space when I had a look over the car, but there is a lot of space under there and I may have missed them, but I doubt it.

Many thanks

Alan.

Part numbers :

64743-05010-C0 LHS

64744-05010-C0 RHS

no prices though I'm afraid

Devon

Hi Devon.

I am collecting the car today so will certainly check the part numbers you have given, I got a reply from Toyota Customer Service:

I have contacted the Parts Department of a Toyota Centre and having quoted your vehicle details they have confirmed they are not aware
of the Part you require being available.

I trust this information is of use to you.

Interesting.......

Many thanks for the part numbers

Regards

Alan.

No luck I am sorry to say, I found in the drivers hand book page 508 that the horizontal side plates could be used vertically, but when we tried it they obviously did not fit!

We tried the part numbers from Devon and the result was that the items were not compatible with my version (2012 model) which is a pity as these are very useful as Nick says.

NIck. I will send you a PM with my email details if you would kindly make up a template for me, or perhaps take a photocopy if it will copy and send that?

The car is superb, (and I didn't get a Skoda!) smooth and feels 'solid', very nice.

Regards

Alan.

• 1 month later...

Using a template kjindly provided by a forum member I have made a pair of dividers from off-cuts of Ply and MDF lying around the garage, I bought two ribbed floor mats from Tesco at £1.50 each to cover the dividers. They now look like they were part of the car and only cost me £3. the pair which is a saving on the £47.00 + vat each! quoted by the dealer :jawdrop:

Hi

Can ypu post a picture please?

Thanks

I hope this will work, if so you should see a front and rear view taken with a rather old mobile phone camera, they look better in real life as the colour matches are quite close.

With a cost of £1.50 each and a couple of hours work something of a bargain!!post-130074-0-93366900-1366472834_thumb.post-130074-0-17786700-1366472850_thumb.

• 1 year later...

Hi, could you send me a copy of templates? I would really like to have those dividers for my Avensis Wagon!

and me please.

Thank you

Without wishing to sound patronising, think your improvisation is superb. Just goes to show what a bit of thought and planning can do to solve all sorts of things like this. Sad that the dealer couldn't even describe whether the part existed or not and I sometimes get the impression that product knowledge is not a strong point amongst Toyota sales staff.

It's probably not that the part doesn't exist but that if the parts person searches by registration no. the Toyota computer system doesn't list it for that car as not original fitment.

I went through this with a spare wheel & the foam tray above it for my car but was lucky enough to find a parts person with a bit of nous who worked around the system.

It's probably not that the part doesn't exist but that if the parts person searches by registration no. the Toyota computer system doesn't list it for that car as not original fitment.

I went through this with a spare wheel & the foam tray above it for my car but was lucky enough to find a parts person with a bit of nous who worked around the system.

You got it spot on, the current Toyota parts catalogue works on a one car / one part basis, it is rare to have a choice on parts now, the catalogue is programmed with the correct factory build info and if your car didn't have the side trims fitted the parts catalogue will show " not applicable" if you try and select them.

This is supposed to remove human error and ensure that the right part is supplied first time, it's not so great if you want a part from a different spec or model, then you are relying on a parts person being willing to wing it and fill in basic info and interpret from multiple choices, as an example I recently had a customer wanting a different centre console trim on a NG Aygo with chassis number there was one part, the factory fit without chassis there where 136 RHD console variations.

The Toyota part numbers for Avensis side trims are:

64743-05010-C0 LHS

64744-05010-C0 RHS

• 1 year later...

Part numbers :

64743-05010-C0 LHS

64744-05010-C0 RHS

no prices though I'm afraid

Devon

I have both of these, forgot to put them back in when I sold the car. Anyone want them?

Free just pay delivery or collect from Camberley, Surrey.

Hi Denis

I'll have them provided they will fit a 2013 Avensis Tourer.

Do you have a PayPal account ? If not PM me with your bank account details and I'll complete a transfer. Alternatively PM with a mobile phone number and I'll call you.

Thanks

Paul R

I suggest you check the part numbers to ensure they compatible with your 13 model. They came off my 2010 Avensis TR.

I won't be able to login until Monday evening.

Regards

Dennis

Hi Denis

Do you have a PayPal account ? If not PM me with your bank account details and I'll complete a transfer. Alternatively PM with a mobile phone number and I'll call you.

Thanks

Paul R

Hi Paul

To send them via the Post Office, 2nd class (3 day delivery aim) not tracked is just under a fiver.

If you are sure you want them I can post them tomorrow.

Cheers

• 1 month later...

Hi Denis

Thanks

Paul R

Hi Paul

To send them via the Post Office, 2nd class (3 day delivery aim) not tracked is just under a fiver.

If you are sure you want them I can post them tomorrow.

Cheers

Hi, are these gone please? I'm looking to get those for my 2011 avensis tourer... Thanks!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links