Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Removing Third Row Of Seats

biggun

Good morning everybody, I wonder, please does anyone know that if i take out my third row of seats from my 59 reg verso 2.0 D-4D and unplug the seat belt detection connecter, will the seat belt warning system think that there is someone sitting in the seat without a belt and set off the warning sequence ie (buzzer and lights)? Or will it be ok and just be disconnected? The reason I want to take the seats out is to save weight and also because we never use them. :dontgetit:

Thanks for any help.

Hi I actually read yesterday about someone who removed the back seats from their iQ. They converted it to have a mobile coffe shop that they run from the car, they fitted a coffee machine, water tank and gas in place of the seats. I'm sure they're not driving round with the buzzer telling them off. They did all the work on the car themselves, so maybe they might be able to help if you got in touch with them, though I'm sure someone on here will soon be along to tell you how to do it. You can read about it here http://blog.toyota.co.uk/coffeeiq

Thanks for your reply Lorna2. I think maybe the best thing to do is disconnect the seat belt sensor wires then take it for a run because I don't think you can be sure until the car is doing more than 12 miles per hour. Thats the speed at which the warning buzzer comes on. Anyway thanks again for taking the time out to help.

Hi all, just a follow up if its of any interest. I took out the third row of seats and disconnected the inline plug to the seat belts and it disconnects the seats to the seat belt display on the information screen so that it only shows that the car is now a 5 seater not a seven. So no warning lights or buzzers. I have also put a light weight base in to bring up the floor level. It is quite a weight saving as the seats are very heavy so should save a bit on that precious, expensive, diesel. It will also help me as I tow a caravan so I can carry more weight in the car and not the van.

• 1 year later...

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. I was thinking of making some sort of box to carry a spare wheel in. Wonder if removing those rear seats would leave enough room to fit a full sized spare... Have to dig that socket set out one of these days.