Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Acceleration Dies In 2.0 Diesel

Bob Devine

I'm new here so hello to everyone! I've had a search through the forums but can't find anything that matches my problem. I've got an '09 plate Verso T2 2.0 diesel and have recently been experiencing stuttering (i.e. a mild kangarooing) and dying acceleration. The difference in my case (from the other posts I've seen) is that it starts after the car has been running for about half an hour. The harder I try and accelerate the worse it is - I can minimise it by carefully increasing acceleration rather than foot to the floor. I'll be taking it into the dealer but if anyone has any ideas what's going on I'd be grateful.

Thanks, Bob

If there are no warning lights on the dash I would suspect a fuel filter issue first the official change point is 40,000 miles or 6 years whichever is soonest but it is possible the filter is clogged and in need of replacement.

Devon

Thanks - the mileage is 45k so that would explain it (there are no warning lights).

Cheers, Bob

• 3 weeks later...

Had a similar problem with my 4 year old 2010 verso with 40k miles. The problem lasted for a few days but then mysteriously disappeared and never came back. Only occurred after the engine was warm.

• 9 months later...

Just a follow up on this that might be of interest. At the time of my last post I decided to try one of the premium diesels (BP) and the problem disappeared (I'd usually used the Tesco station along the road). I've tended to buy this ever since (although not always). Of course a year goes by, I forget about the problem and pop into Tesco for a fill up - suddenly the car is barely drivable (struggling to get 20mph up hills and juddering constantly). This time I cured it by using Millers Diesel Power Ecomax, since I still had most of the tank left. It took about 30 miles of driving to clear completely, but there was an immediate improvement. Trawling the web it seems I'm not the only one to experience this with Tesco diesel.

Cheers, Bob

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links