Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Hybrid Bluetooth & Folding Mirror Problems

vorlon69

Hi all, just got my Auris a couple of days ago, love it to bits, but a couple of minor niggles...

1) how do I get the power folding mirrors to fold when locking the doors/unfold when unlocking the doors?

At the moment all I can do is press the manual switch inside the car to fold/unfold

2) I paired my iPhone 5 to the bluetooth and its kinda working

When listening to the radio I can press the voice button and call contacts stored in the car phonebook and the radio is muted

When listening to the music on the iPhone via the AUX button on the radio thingy I can hear the music perfectly from the phone but pressing the voice button just displays Welcome on the radio screen - almost as if the phone hasnt been paired - if i press the 'dial' button and the press speed dial 1 it dials the number, mutes the music and the call works fine.

Also using the iPhone as a SatNav doesn't give the voice commands whilst listening to the radio with the USB cable connected - if I disconnect the cable then turn by turn commands are heard but only through the phone not the in car system.

If i listen to music on the iPhone using the Aux button on the radio thing then the music is muted and the turn by turn directions are heard through the car audio.

Can anyone help me to sort out these minor problems I am sure it is something simple and stupid that I have overlooked.

I have tried deleting and re-pairing the phone several times without any success in solving these minor issues :(

As regards 1) according to my owners handbook, the door mirrors only fold/unfold by using the dashboard button

• Like 1

Hmmm, yes that's what I thought as well, but my Dad insists that his fold/unfold by pressing a button on the door handle after pressing the button to lock the car - but then again his Auris is a 2013 model, not the 2011 that I have.

Thanks for that.

Just spoken to someone who has an Auris Hybrid & they say they lock the car and the mirrors fold, which I am going to try on mine later, but heres how they said to do it:

With the car switched on - press the Power button to switch it off, then immediately press & hold the button that makes the mirrors fold & at the same time press the up button that would make the mirrors adjust up & hold both for 3 seconds

Repeat procedure to undo the option.

I'll let you know if it works, please let me know if it works on your car.

With regards to the bluetooth problems, Toyota have now given me their bluetooth Support Line: 08444 994 551 & I shall call them on Monday.

• 3 weeks later...

Did this fix for the folding mirrors work ?

Picking up an Auris hybrid on Friday and am interested in doing this if it works.

Thanks !

My iPhone 5 and the Nav unit works perfectly, the quality of the streamed audio is fantastic (best out of all the devices I have tried for bluetooth streaming audio). The navigation instructions on Google Maps are routed via bluetooth to the car, so I am not sure what the problem is for you?

As for you referring to using Aux and USB cable... Why? If you did indeed pair the phone and listening to the music and controlling it via bluetooth, why would you need to connect it via cable? My phone is entirely wire free, my steering wheel controls everything that I need to control, all voice and nav guidance are routed via bluetooth to the car Speakers. Or am I missing your problem?

For the folding mirror thing, please let us know whether your procedure works? But to be honest, i have no problem with using the folding button manually, in fact I hardly use this feature at all.

Hi folks,

Regarding the folding mirror fix.

I have a 2012 model auris hybrid t-spirit (one of the last before the new shape), i have just been outside and tried the fix mentioned above and confirm that on my vehicle it does not work.

that is provided that i have followed the instructions properly.

mind you i do not have a real problem with using the manual switch anyway, i use mine quite a lot due to the fact a replacement mirror is @ £300 +.

if anybody does prove me wrong and make it work i would be very pleased to find out the correct way of doing it.

Picking up an Auris hybrid on Friday and am interested in doing this if it works.

Thanks !

No, didn't seem to work - car going in for service next week so will let you know if I get it sorted

My bluetooth got even more weird but like I said it is going in for service soon so I hope they can fix it or point me in the right direction - when I got the car it was paired to several phones and had phonebook entries which I manually deleted - I did not initialise the system - perhaps that is my problem?

I have never use a wired connection to the iPhone 5 - always bluetooth, but it seems weird it will give turn by turn directions on SatNav when using Aux to listen to music on iPhone but NOT when listening to FM Radio, although I know the bluetooth works when using radio because I can make and receive phone calls.

Same with text messages and emails - i got the 'received' chirp from the car sound system when listening to Aux > iPhone music but again NOT when listening to FM Radio

If all else fails I shall have to get a Parrot CK3100 bluetooth kit

Figure this one out: using Aux can listen to music, but press the talk button and it says welcome like it is not paired so i paired it to my iPad once then never used the iPad in the car again - now when I press the talk button in Aux mode it says listening and lets you voice dial.

The system is not touch screen or anything fancy just the standard plain one line text cd/radio/mp3 thing

Thanks for letting me know, might not bother trying...

Didn't get the car on Friday as the dealer didn't have V5 and couldn't tax the car. Would have been nice if they had told me sooner rather than me driving 25 miles to find out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I have the one line mp3 radio unit with bluetooth. But not aux/isb input on glovebox. My phone is connected but I can't do music streaming. Is not possible to do?

The glovebox aux/usb socket was introduced in the facelift Auris in 2010 - so yours, being a 2008 model, won't have the socket. The pre-facelift audio units are able to play mp3s copied onto CDs. Some owners of pre-facelift cars have installed Xcarlink or Connect2 equipment.

Thank you for the reply. Toyota charge nearly 200 to fit the aux/USB part. Which is touch. I'll look into the options you said. Thank you

my car has been for her service - they say the mirrors cant be programmed to fold automatically AT ALL so have to do it manually - doesnt bother me but nice to know.

As to the bluetooth problem - they paired it to a Nokia6500 and it worked fine - so they said, but I still have problems all the time - sometimes it displays track name when streaming audio from iPhone 5, sometimes the track name appears for a brief second and sometimes not at all - coupled with all the other bluetooth problems I think my only solution is to RIP OUT the audio and replace it with a Parrot Asteroid Smart & hopefully all sorted.

Anybody else have any experience with using Asteroid Smart or have any other recommendations?

After the service all the tyre pressures had magically increased to 38psi all round - so I guess that is what they are supposed to be :)

Thanks for letting me know, might not bother trying...

Didn't get the car on Friday as the dealer didn't have V5 and couldn't tax the car. Would have been nice if they had told me sooner rather than me driving 25 miles to find out.

then how will this be solved?

• 1 year later...

I've just tried the setup for auto fold mirrors on my 4 week old Hybrid touring sports excel and yes it does work. Mirrors now fold when I lock the doors.

my car has been for her service - they say the mirrors cant be programmed to fold automatically AT ALL so have to do it manually - doesnt bother me but nice to know.

I've just tried the setup for auto fold mirrors on my 4 week old Hybrid touring sports excel and yes it does work. Mirrors now fold when I lock the doors.

We're talking about different generations of Auris here - the first generation's cannot be programmed to fold automatically, the second generation's can.

Thanks !

We have a 13 Auris Hybrid Excel and locking the car via the "swipe" on the handle or the button on the boot lid , the mirrors automatically fold back. It maybe a model/ year change?

Again we're talking about different generations of Auris here - the first generation's (2007-2012) cannot be programmed to fold automatically, the second generation's can (December 2012 onwards).

A mate of mine has the same car hybrid touring sports which he picked up this week as the first owner and it was already programmed for the mirrors to fold when locking the doors which prompted me to successfully program mine to do the same

On the facelift 2011 Auris the mirrors do not work. I tried today and there was no luck.

On the first generation facelift (2010-2012) the mirrors will only fold by pressing the button situated by the main mirror control.

You cannot programme them to fold automatically when the doors are locked/unlocked.

However there is a trick one can use to get mirrors to fold outwards automatically when the ignition is turned on.

After turning off the engine and whilst the ignition is still on, press the mirror fold button to fold the mirrors inwards, turn off the ignition, and then press the mirror fold button again within approx 30 seconds of turning the ignition off.

When the ignition is next turned on, the mirrors will then fold outwards automatically.

That is how it works on my first generation, facelift 2012 model.

This process (which only takes a couple of seconds) needs to be carried out every time you want the mirrors to fold outwards automatically when the ignition is turned on - they cannot be programmed to do this.

• 5 years later...

Hi, My Dad has a 2008ish Toyota Auris. When he turns on the ignition the side mirrors fold IN not OUT. Which is a bit frustrating. Any idea on how to fix this? I have read your posts above but I don’t think his model has the button to fold the mirrors.

here is a link for a folding mirror module.

this only works if you have power folding mirror to start with 

this adds on the auto folding function.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Car-Auto-Folding-Side-Rear-View-Mirror-Closer-System-Modules-For-All-Car/312646676651?hash=item48cb31b0ab:g:a7EAAOSwrdlcf729