Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Dealers In The North West Willing Change Runflats

coopersport

I know the subject of runflats ahs been done to death on here but it has come to that time where the runflats on my SR180 have to been changed so I want to go down the route of ditching them. Does anyone know of any tyre dealers in the North West who are willing/able to do this?

Hi mate just had mine removed last week by a guy in Radcliffe nr Bury.
As mentioned by our friends north of the border, try local toyota dealers first,there seems to be a massive variation in what they can charge,but you to might get lucky.
PM me if you want more details.

There is somewhere on here a national list of not only Toyota dealers with the equipment to remove or change buy mant independent tyre dealers who have the equipment ...

But its less than two hours work to do it yourself with just basic tools and an angle grinder...

Cheapest price seen on here was on a recent thread and that was 94 quid inc VAT so unless you are paid more than 47 pouds an hour why not do the job yourself ?....

There is somewhere on here a national list of not only Toyota dealers with the equipment to remove or change buy mant independent tyre dealers who have the equipment ...

But its less than two hours work to do it yourself with just basic tools and an angle grinder...

Cheapest price seen on here was on a recent thread and that was 94 quid inc VAT so unless you are paid more than 47 pouds an hour why not do the job yourself ?....

Your right Charlie,it can be Diyed(just made up a new word)by anybody with basic care and know how..

But not everyone has the tools.. or the skills to use them.

TBH I could have done my own..thats after I'd seen someone else do it.

In fact after the fitter did my first wheel I 'almost' told him to leave the others,and I'd do it myself,but didnt have the nerve,plus I'd have trouble driving home on three wheels ha.

£96 was an unbelieveable steal from a dealer imo.

Your right Charlie,it can be Diyed(just made up a new word)by anybody with basic care and know how..

But not everyone has the tools.. or the skills to use them.

TBH I could have done my own..thats after I'd seen someone else do it.

In fact after the fitter did my first wheel I 'almost' told him to leave the others,and I'd do it myself,but didnt have the nerve,plus I'd have trouble driving home on three wheels ha.

£96 was an unbelieveable steal from a dealer imo.

As you supplied your own tyres, the best deal you could probably get to get them fitted to "normal" wheels would be around £10 a wheel plus VAT for fitting, valve and balancing, so in essence, at £96 the cost to remove the BSR rings works out at £10+ VAT per wheel which is a decent result in anyone's book I think :)

(And if you did do the job yourself, you would need to find a new "home" for 4 old tyres and 4 heavy lumps of steel, which is not easy to discard of always if you have no recycling centres(tips) reasonably close)

I believe RRG at Macclesfield will remove the support rings and fit standard tyres for you.

• Like 1

I believe RRG at Macclesfield will remove the support rings and fit standard tyres for you.

I was given a price of £75 per corner to remove by RRG Salford Quays, one of the few dealers who would remove them.

Try local bodyshops. I got my alloys refurbed and the rings removed at the same time for £300. (only had 2 rings fitted though). I spoke to 3 bodyshops and all of them would have done the job.

I was given a price of £75 per corner to remove by RRG Salford Quays, one of the few dealers who would remove them.

Try local bodyshops. I got my alloys refurbed and the rings removed at the same time for £300. (only had 2 rings fitted though). I spoke to 3 bodyshops and all of them would have done the job.

I also had 4 new tyres fitted and supplied by them

Thanks for the responses. One of the members has had her tyres done at a tyre fitters in Kirkham so it's looking like I'm going there :clap:. I did contact Toyota and my nearest fitting was Preston who were charging £250 per corner and refused point blank to replace the runflats with normal tyres. Shocking! There was also a National Tyres depot that have the machine for fitting the tyres but it's broken and they've not got it repaired.

Thanks for the responses. One of the members has had her tyres done at a tyre fitters in Kirkham so it's looking like I'm going there :clap:. I did contact Toyota and my nearest fitting was Preston who were charging £250 per corner and refused point blank to replace the runflats with normal tyres. Shocking! There was also a National Tyres depot that have the machine for fitting the tyres but it's broken and they've not got it repaired.

I have the previous owners bill from 2008 at 32k mls to supply and fit 2 BSRs for £585 at a dealers.

Guessing when it came to it recently needing 4 new BSRs he decided enough was enough and P/xd it..

So, through my own lack of research I've picked up the tab. Still love it though.

Glad your fixed up.

I have the previous owners bill from 2008 at 32k mls to supply and fit 2 BSRs for £585 at a dealers.

Guessing when it came to it recently needing 4 new BSRs he decided enough was enough and P/xd it..

So, through my own lack of research I've picked up the tab. Still love it though.

Glad your fixed up.

2008 FFS.........£585.00 FFS...........Bobbing Rastards does not even cover it FFS........tablets......need tablets......need calm down......

Glad your fixed up.

2008 FFS.........£585.00 FFS...........Bobbing Rastards does not even cover it FFS........tablets......need tablets......need calm down......

Couldnt have put it better..ha

If only at I'd seen it before doing the deal,may have got a few £ knocked off.hey ho.

All water under't bridge ..Its all sorted now..AND passed its £27.50 MOT at RRG with flying colours.

Time to enjoy . :driving:

• 4 weeks later...

Just got the new tyres fitted. Runflats ditched and changed for Marshal KL51. The ride is unbelievably better. No banging and crashing about over the numerous potholes. No TPMS warning light on. Total price was £568.00 for all four. The job took two hours and no angle grinders were involved. I can thoroughly recommend http://kirkhamtyres.co.uk . Thanks Stella :clap:

Just took 4 perfectly good Bridgestone Safety (Steel?) Rings to the coup at end of last week and responsibly recycled them. Had only done 19k miles. That was an enjoyable chucking ceremony. (For chucking, read anything that rhymes.....) Before anybody says they would have had them, please search my posts trying to sell them for charity.....no offers.......seems only freebies are good deals.......

So for the same charity, I still have 3 TPMS sensors/senders unused.......

Big Kev

• Like 1

Just got the new tyres fitted. Runflats ditched and changed for Marshal KL51. The ride is unbelievably better. No banging and crashing about over the numerous potholes. No TPMS warning light on. Total price was £568.00 for all four. The job took two hours and no angle grinders were involved. I can thoroughly recommend http://kirkhamtyres.co.uk . Thanks Stella :clap:

Thats a great price mate,well done.

Out of interest how did they delete your TPMS?

More than likely they are still in place, undeleted, working, Paul.......

Maybe Kev..but the OP says 'no TPMS warning light on'?

......which means they are there and working, or the Japanese pink wire committed Hari Kari......?

No idea. I forgot to ask :blushing: . They didn't take the sensors off, as I saw them on the wheels before they fitted the new tyres. I'll email them and find out. This is only the second one they've done, the first being Stella's and they used an angle grinder on the first wheel to see how the steel band was fitted. They took the RF's off using just the normal fitting machine and using two staff to guide things. I'm assuming that the sensors are still working as there is no warning light.

......which means they are there and working, or the Japanese pink wire committed Hari Kari......?

Haha..I see now..could be interrupted either way.

The Glasgi' lingo is catching on.

No idea. I forgot to ask :blushing: . They didn't take the sensors off, as I saw them on the wheels before they fitted the new tyres. I'll email them and find out. This is only the second one they've done, the first being Stella's and they used an angle grinder on the first wheel to see how the steel band was fitted. They took the RF's off using just the normal fitting machine and using two staff to guide things. I'm assuming that the sensors are still working as there is no warning light.

I misunderstood..yes they must be still working.

I had to destroy two of mine as the valves were goosed.

I was under the impression only MrTs magic machine could easily remove run flats.

Just been to the car to check and the warning light comes on on the pre-ignition check then goes out as normal.

Result, Paul......happy new car.......

• Like 1

Result, Paul......happy new car.......

I knew it would make some difference, but I'm truly shocked at how much better it is.