Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air Con Not Cooling Driver Side!

Flackadder

Had re-gas etc just to make sure was fine.

Driver side seems to be not cooling at all. Passenger side is absolutely fine. Is there a temperature sensor or something I need to change?

Thanks in advance

Bob.

2006 2.0 petrol

Hi,

I had the same problem last summer . I've got a 2005 2.0 petrol and my drivers side wouldn't get cold. Had a mobile air-con company to come out and the pressure had dropped due to me not using it often enough.It took more than one attempt to re-gas before getting cold.It is fine now.

Maybe need to have another re-gas then? They are not that expensive, so I will give that a try. Thanks.

• 3 months later...

Umm! Things have moved on a little here. Last few weeks air con has only really blown cold on the passenger side......last few days.......seemed to only want to do freezing and thats it. Well, tonight on way home smoke (well, more likely air con vapour) coming from center vent passenger side. No smell to this whatever and when air con turned off 'smoke' stopped coming from vent immediately!! I am sort of guessing this is real bad news air con wise ? Any ideas appreciated.

Bob.

Could the drain hose from the evaporator be blocked?

Umm! Maybe, if only I knew where to look and what the heck that is ! :-) I may need some directions on that.

I do get water under car once in while when I stop and air con been on.

Thanks for that, Frosty/ That will be looked at the weekend. Not sure if that will help the 'smoke/vapour' from air vent though!

Think if not all the surplus moisture is being drained from the system, it has to go somewhere - ie water vapour

Okay, will check that tomorrow. I have a 56 plate Avensis...if that helps at all !!