Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bye Bye Urban Cruiser :-(

Gordon in Angus

We said bye to the Urban Cruiser at the weekend. Traded it in for a ex demonstrator RAV4 XT-R two weeks ago, just swapped the cars at the weekend there.

Sadly the cruiser was not the best car decision we made, it had promise, and an excellent Co2 level and economy for a 4x4 but the problem I've had getting comfortable while driving it has forced us to dig deep into the pockets and trade up to the RAV4. Shame really. In hindsight, we should have looked closer at the RAV4 in the first place, though its only now that the new model RAV4 has come out that our dealer has been offering ex demo old models at an affordable level.

Sorry folks for not sticking with you all. Knowing my luck, they'll bring out a new model now :-(

Still got Toyotas though, our excellent iQ1 and a nice shiny RAV4 to keep it company now.

I did put some pics of the Cruiser in the photos thread the other week, don't know if anyone's noticed though.

Cheers folks

Gordon

We said bye to the Urban Cruiser at the weekend. Traded it in for a ex demonstrator RAV4 XT-R two weeks ago, just swapped the cars at the weekend there.

Sadly the cruiser was not the best car decision we made, it had promise, and an excellent Co2 level and economy for a 4x4 but the problem I've had getting comfortable while driving it has forced us to dig deep into the pockets and trade up to the RAV4. Shame really. In hindsight, we should have looked closer at the RAV4 in the first place, though its only now that the new model RAV4 has come out that our dealer has been offering ex demo old models at an affordable level.

Sorry folks for not sticking with you all. Knowing my luck, they'll bring out a new model now :-(

Still got Toyotas though, our excellent iQ1 and a nice shiny RAV4 to keep it company now.

I did put some pics of the Cruiser in the photos thread the other week, don't know if anyone's noticed though.

Cheers folks

Gordon

I know what you mean if you can not get comfortable I had the same problem when I swapt my Rav 4.2 for a new Auris in 2007 my back were hurting so much even on short journeys, I was so tempted to change after few months plus the Auris was no good in the snow,I took it in for a service and came out with the U/c.

Which I find ok even on 340mile trips, but I think the rear seats are bit like the ones in the 4.1 Rav a bit uncomfortable and basic for long journeys.

Hope you enjoy the Rav. I did I kept both mine for 7yrs only thing I needed to replace were Discs, pads and tyres on the front and the batteries on both and I did around 70K in both before getting rid.

David

Thanks Dave, RAV4's proving a good swap so far.

Its all down to your own personal body shape and build etc. i suppose. I'm 6ft and long legged, the seat base provided so little support to the top of my legs all my weight was going on my pelvis only, after two hours its not comfortable. We went to Norfolk from Glasgow last November in the Cruiser (not long after we bought the car). By the time we reached Yorkshire it was agony. We did the trip twice the year before in our old 57 plate Fiat Panda 4x4 no problem at all, so the cruiser proved to be the least comfortable car I've had. The iQ1 we have is far better, the seats are light years ahead of the cruiser's and I can do hours in it easily.

Anyway that's that, RAV4 to the rescue ;-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links