Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello, Just Got Me A Rav4 :-)

Gordon in Angus

Hi folks, thought I'd pop in and say that I've joined you all with a newish ex demo 2012 model Vermillion red RAV4 XT-R this weekend. Traded our Urban Cruiser in for it and most impressed with the new car.

We did have look at the new RAV4 but thought it was to pricey for us The outgoing car was well worth a look with quite a bit off it since it was the old model, so we went for that instead.

Will post some pics when I can.

Cheers all,

Gordon

Also be aware that the Rav4 forum is a whole lot livelier than the barely alive Urban Cruiser forum.

Enjoy ( you big traitor)

Ah thought there would be a problem, sharing a Rav with yer brother, then read it properly.....Gordon IN Angus, not Gordon 'n' Angus.

Welcome abroad, Gordy min.......:thumbsup:

Big Kev in Glesga

Similar to this then..............

IMG_0888.jpg

This is where it all started for me........

IMG_0843.jpg

RAV4.jpg

• Like 2

Hi folks, thanks for the welcome. :-)

Yup Anchorman, first pic identical to the car, except I got mud flaps fitted prior to collection.

Half leather inside too. I'm Very happy with the finish its got :-)

Sorry for being a traitor Dave.m, I really did want the cruiser to work, but fount it too uncomfortable on long trips, enough to regret trading in my old series 2 discovery for it :-(

Funny thing was when we went back to the dealer after 5 months trying to get used to the cruiser, to see what we could do to sort the situation, we found they still had the disco. The manager had decided it was worth holding onto, in case someone needed to get about in bad weather over the winter :-D

And from the Spanish "traitor" section, welcome to the forum!

Hello..

Good choice of colour btw... :D but then I am baised..

Thanks, I like the colour a lot. They had five 62 reg demonstrators available, all the same price but with varying mileage and small differences in spec. Two silver, two metallic dark grey and one vermilion red. The red also had the lowest mileage, and was not all that far in colour from the old disco we had, so I thought that was a good un'. Plus it was a manual box too.

;-)

Kev's right. Anchorman will invite you round to take a shufty at yer motor and the next you're bumper will be missing... :dontgetit: Or is it just Kev he does that to?

Webs

Congrats Gordon,a wise move from a Girl who has moved on from her U/C to the darker side!!!!!!! Yes finally parted with the U/C for the car I have always wanted since i learn,t to drive a few decades ago.It is a awd and is a 2ltr Diesel and it is made by the VAG group.It is a Audi TT Coupe, and I love it.So sorry i have left the Toyota family but I really wanted this one, and I wasn,t prepared to take a massive hit on the U/C ( which I didn,t). But you don,t get shut of me so quickly as I still regard myself as part of the Rav4 gang on this Forum.(awaiting the comments).

Sorry to but-in on your thread Gordon hope you really enjoy the Rav.

Regards Clare

Funny thing was when we went back to the dealer after 5 months trying to get used to the cruiser, to see what we could do to sort the situation, we found they still had the disco. The manager had decided it was worth holding onto, in case someone needed to get about in bad weather over the winter :-D

They're crazy! What they don't realise is the Rav is better in the snow than the Disco! I know, I own both.

Dave

Na, they aren't that daft, if they prang that disco in the snow whatever it hits would probably come of worse & the disco would cost less to fix or write off / scrap than any newer Toyota 4x4 or whatever they normaly use to run about in. It's a1999 GS td5 with 150,000 miles on it. It's parts are probably worth more than the car itself. they'll just run around in it till it stops snowing or chuck it out if anything breaks on it :-D

Good grief Clare, you've left the Urban Cruiser world? there'll be nobody left now to keep it going :-O

Glad your sorted too....

Random but strange observation, there seems to be a lot of Daves here in the RAV4 world. Thats weird :-D

Congrats Gordon,a wise move from a Girl who has moved on from her U/C to the darker side!!!!!!! Yes finally parted with the U/C for the car I have always wanted since i learn,t to drive a few decades ago.It is a awd and is a 2ltr Diesel and it is made by the VAG group.It is a Audi TT Coupe, and I love it.So sorry i have left the Toyota family but I really wanted this one, and I wasn,t prepared to take a massive hit on the U/C ( which I didn,t). But you don,t get shut of me so quickly as I still regard myself as part of the Rav4 gang on this Forum.(awaiting the comments).

Sorry to but-in on your thread Gordon hope you really enjoy the Rav.

Regards Clare

Does anyone know who this person is.......? From the Isle of Man, AND disnae even drive a Toyota, never mind a Rav.......obviously got through our very diligent MFS (Moderator Filtering System), plus even allowed her Da to buy a Yeti.......?

LOL......wondered where you had beened, Clara.

Na, they aren't that daft, if they prang that disco in the snow whatever it hits would probably come of worse & the disco would cost less to fix or write off / scrap than any newer Toyota 4x4 or whatever they normaly use to run about in. It's a1999 GS td5 with 150,000 miles on it. It's parts are probably worth more than the car itself. they'll just run around in it till it stops snowing or chuck it out if anything breaks on it :-D

Good grief Clare, you've left the Urban Cruiser world? there'll be nobody left now to keep it going :-O

Glad your sorted too....

Random but strange observation, there seems to be a lot of Daves here in the RAV4 world. Thats weird :-D

Their real name was actually Rodney......

:laughing::laughing: :lol2: :lol2: I can imagine easily Kevin :-)

:laughing::laughing: :lol2: :lol2: I can imagine easily Kevin :-)

Thought that would Trigger....:thumbsup: