Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service Advice

BigMo82

Going to get my local mechanic to do a service on Wednesday. I called Toyota who said I was due a full service and it was going to cost £229 but that only really included an oil change and the rest was just inspections. I would have liked to have maintained a main dealer service as its had all its previous services from the same dealer but I cant justify spending more then twice as much.

My local has quoted me £120 - £130 and that includes oil change, spark plugs, oil and air filter, pollen filter. Is there anything else that I should be getting done? Do I have to get the timing chain oiled or checked?

Mo

I'm in the exact same position as you, have the full service history. I was quite surprised to see how little Toyota do in their full service. Can't help you with the timing chain question but that is a cracking price for a full service.

I would have liked to have maintained a main dealer service as its had all its previous services from the same dealer

I tend to find a dealer history isn't important once a car is a few years old. The important bit is whether it has been serviced or not. Even keeping receipts and filling in the service book yourself, together with keeping good overall care of the car, is good enough for most buyers.

No check for the timing chain as its under a sealed unit. The only other things I can think is brake fluid change and remote Battery

Alex

I personally get the genuine parts from Toyota my self, or may use adl/blueprint and get my local mechanic to fit them and check over a few things plus I can see what is being done to the car, you will find the cheapest garages are the ones that taxi's use. with regards to timing chain just keep oil changes on regular basis.

as for service stamp

cut a potato in half

carve out a neat toyota emblem

dip it in the kids ink stamper

boom your sorted

seriously as above

dealer or independant stamp (out of warranty it doesnt matter)

as long as its stamped and logged for the next buyer to see its been looked after

i used to fill out one of my own service sheets and use my own stamp (plant machinery company)

stapled to the reciepts for the parts and put it in the car folder

as for service stamp

cut a potato in half

carve out a neat toyota emblem

dip it in the kids ink stamper

boom your sorted

haha made me laugh!

Instead of a potato ive heard an old piece of lino carved up and can be used many times.

Or buy a kids stamp kit.

You can also buy toyota stamps from eBay, dont know if they are currently listed but have seen this in the past.

You can also buy toyota stamps from eBay, dont know if they are currently listed but have seen this in the past.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links