Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr180 Interior No Different To The Rest...

Markham90

Topgaiters is the name if the seller mate

Just titled fits toyota auris black leather gear gaiter.

Thanks mate!

Not easy lol! Remove gear knob. Twists off.

There's a spring that also twists off under the gear knob.

unclip the plastic trim. It pulls off, And you'll be left with the gaiter which it attached to some plastic... With heavy duty staples!

If you can remove these (I used toe nail

Clippers lol)

Stretch the new gaiter slightly and position on the plastic. I didn't have a heavy duty stapler, so here's the where the imagination kicked in...I used a nail, to pierce holes in the gaiter and push the staples in through gaiter and through the plastic. The with pliers, squeeze the staples shut.

Took about an hour but think its worth it.

Fabric pen on its way in the post, so I'll post pictures when it's done.

I've also ordered red plastic flexible trim. (Like on the gold GTI grill)

I'm planning on using it inside on the doors (above the fabric)

There's a perfect space firmly to go so ill see how it looks and again I'll upload the picture for you all to have a goose at.

If any if you have done anything unique your particularly proud of please share! I'd love to see.

Nice post with great ideas! Waiting to see some more pics and hear your thoughts.

Now you need to order black hazard switch to match the new sporty darker theme combined with red.

!BvLEkKwEWk~$(KGrHqF,!ikEv10IwtUBMD,n6pI

Guys if you want good seats with functional airbags just go for Rearos, they can be fitter to an Auris without compromises.

S0-Future-Toyota-Auris-TS-Acte-77581.jpg

I like that button. Where did you find that mate?

And those seats look brilliant! So the airbags still work the same I take it? Good job!

I want that Hazard Button! Where from, how much, and easy to install?!

My current button is a discoloured pink, that black one would be a nice upgrade!

Seems I'm not the only one who thinks a few things in the SR should be a bit more fitting with the sportier theme.

How about some cool pedals too? Ive just bought a set from Ripspeed. Love the Recaros!...V expensive though?! Not sure about the missing centre console look though lol..

The black hazard switch is originally from Toyota Blade. But is sold also separately. I found one here but it's quite pricey...

Those seats are Recaro Sportster CS, they will operate just like the standard ones when it comes to airbags, but the price is quite high aswell. It is dependant on material/colour option chosen, but usually somewhere around £1000 mark each. Also need to figure out how to install the rails and I'm not sure if it will be still possible to adjust height of the seat. Then there's the heating thing, need to think about how to make it work if you want to save that function. And then, the legality. Not sure if they are street legal or not. But oh well, very good-looking they are.

Seats_Sportster_CS_LRG.jpg

They're lovely seats. I can't justify the cost but they're really nice!

I want that hazard switch now! But again seems expensive for what it is. Probably get one made up for half that lol.

Anyway... Fabric pens have arrived!

I'll probably start doing it this afternoon and see how i get on :)

Yeah couldn't agree more. There is an alternative to search for Blade replacement switch and see if they're cheaper. I am going to mod my old one and turn it into black. Will be posting more about that during the summer in my car's introduction thread, so stay tuned.

Right. I started in the back encase it went wrong. It looks great. The pics don't quite it it justice.

I'll do the front tomorrow and take proper pics. It's a very slow process so bear with me!

Here's what I've done so far.

post-130256-0-26659700-1364231897_thumb.

post-130256-0-44114700-1364231937_thumb.

Right. I started in the back encase it went wrong. It looks great. The pics don't quite it it justice.

I'll do the front tomorrow and take proper pics. It's a very slow process so bear with me!

Here's what I've done so far.

That is very effective. You could have done that on the gear leaver gaiter and saved yourself a few quid! What kind of pen did you use and where did you get it? You could do the same around the seat stitching too....

I chose not to do the gear gaiter in case it didn't turn out well. I have the original so if for any reason it can be returned to original.

The idea for stitching came later, it is on the seat stitching but not finished yet. It's a very slow process.

The Pen was £2.50 from eBay.

post-130256-0-96814000-1364236953_thumb.

What a cheap but good looking mod! In all my years of being in and around the modding scene I haven't seen this done! How long does a section take? And how do u make sure the colour doesn't go where u don't want it 2? Will it only adhere to the stitching?

Thanks a lot mate.

The door cards take longest as the stitch isn't as tight as other the seats.

I'd say 20 mins on door cards.

It doesn't go on the seat at all. THe nib is so fine.

It doesn't t actually do anything to the black seat even if you draw on it, it's not like a wet dye as such. It's a permanent non wearing water proof fabric pen. I'm curious to see how it wear over the coming months. Hopefully I won't have to reapply but if so guess ill have to do it!

I think set aside 3 hours or so to do this. But in really pleased with it.

Looks very good, but I don't get it. How do you do it? :D Is it just me?

Literally just colour in one stitch at a time. The pen has such a fine nib so it's really accurate.

This is superb. I have a white Sr180, and Im thinking that blue stitching might look best...Gonna find me one of those pens!

Thanks mate :)

Blue will look awesome. Search for that make pen on eBay I've posted a picture of the pen I used.

Keep me updated on how it goes

These are the tailored car mats.

£53 from simplycarmats mats.

To be honest they'd probably look better dark grey. The black is quite a contrast to the rest of the interior however with careful taping I will end up spraying them the correct colour. You can spray carpet believe it or not.

Also the font options are limited. This was the best one rather than one comic sans!

I would have liked the SR

Red and 180 silver. But again options were limited.

Let me know what you all think. Don't be afraid to be honest I won't be offended.

Its nice, but its a shame that the logo doesnt match the Logo of the actual SR180 Badge.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links