Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Eu Imposes Twenty Additional Safety Checks

& a good thing that would be too if it actually was to effect most cars.

There are 62 & 13 Plate Cars driving around with Lights already not working.

Old Cars have been fitted with HID lights and the testing changes introduced last year never made any difference to that.

Muppets that have TPMS that think they no longer need to check tyre pressures them selfs.

Diesels with De-cats & DPF removed & Mapped out.

Cars on the road like Older Granada Scorpios have Air Bags that have outlived their shelf life.

Lets see in 3 years time how many new this year cars fail MOTs when they become due.

Good cars were scrapped under the Scrappage Scheme and there are some Electronic & Euro 5 Emission & electrical controled disasters waiting to happen driving the UK roads.

Regenerating, & like on some iQ's, EGR causing cars to have no power pulling away at junctions.

Long and short, i bet there is No noticeable Change.

Certainly not to people that look after their cars.

Roadworthy and safe cars fly through MOT's in the UK, no matter what the checks are.

I wish it did make people have cars Maintained better and not wait till it fails an MOT.

george

After a lifetime of dreading MOT time for various ageing cars it's just this sort of thing that was part of the decision to lease the iQ. When it's 3 years old it's back to Mr.T. for someone else to worry about the MOT, whilst I drive of the forecourt in a brand new iQ.

My View:

Reicently sold my Year 2000 Volvo S80 and now have an IQ. Nothing wrong with the Volvo and I had many many years of trouble free motoring, however decided to get smaller car with better MPG.

My luck would have eventually ran out with Volvo as it was 13 years old plus over 100,000 miles and sooner or later something may have given out and cost me more than it was worth to fix. All this coupled with the "up and coming" changes to MOT ETC as mentioned above.

It seemed like the right thing to do whilst I was ahead of the game ! So it was sold in "perfect" condition on Autotrader in less than 24hrs for a fair price and with a full service history from new.

So in my view older cars will now "expire" sooner and cost more than they are worth to fix partly because of tightening of MOT regulations.

Sounds like you made a good move there Bob. I reckon this is all a cunning plan by the Gov and EU to do exactly that Bob, get more cars off the road and make a lot of people carless, or maybe careless as those who don't obey the law don't seem to care less.

Regarding EU regulations and changes to MOT. I have had some experience of this in the past. Its more about Brussels EU departments bringing out "tighter and tighter" controls on all aspects of Safety this covers most Business and for example Food regulations ETC not just Car MOTS there are 1000's of EU beauracrats just sitting in large offices in the EU with nothing else to do other than impose tighter controls on all the EU members.

They do not consider if this tightened controls are "carfully focussed" in the right areas in order to improve safety in the most "cost effective and efficient manner", and this is where the problem lies. Hence some EU regulations do not improve safety much and are just another form of control by the UE upon the UK.

My view is that the UK would be better out of the EU as the cost to be in it is more than benifits gained.