Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Engine For My 2006 Rav4.

Rob Stubbs

Oil consumption test on my Rav4 was completed at 56000 mile and is now at RRG - Macclesfield having a new engine fitted under the Toyota extended warranty. New Clutch and Gear change modification is being done at the same time,with extra cost to pay.

Loan car is 1.0 Aygo on a 62 plate-Noddy comes to mind :ermm: ,fairly nippy though.

All the best Rob.

What's the gear modification? I have just had my engine replaced and clutch and when it's cold it's a bugger to get into first to second! I'm taking it back next week!

What's the gear modification? I have just had my engine replaced and clutch and when it's cold it's a bugger to get into first to second! I'm taking it back next week!

It's the parts mentioned in this thread Gav:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/129157-replacing-the-gear-linkage-bracket-pic/

That's the one in the thread above, it's £57 plus vat at RRG and then a fitting charge.

Rob

ps How much was your clutch Gav ?

I've been quoted £390 (what's a tenner).

Rob.

.......a thousand pennies.....multiplied by 2.4= a helluva lot of Mars Bars pre decimalisation pish........

Richard from RRG rang this morning and said the Rav had been bought back to life,then after testing should be ready for collection tomorrow :drunk:.

Regards Rob

Galaxy is my vice Kev.

Rob

Kev doesn't own a Galaxy............but is into vice :naughty:

Kingo :thumbsup:

One of the nicest 7 seaters I have ever been in.....Ghia trim was lovely.

Dropped the noddy car off and collected the Rav today, complete with new engine,clutch and gear changer modification.

Engine seems a lot quieter and it somehow seems to have more power. It seems to slip easier into second gear now,

so really pleased with that. I have been told to take things easy for the first 500 miles, then take it back to be

checked over.

Things seem to be coming together now - new engine, night-breaker lights, led side lights, and a set of really nice rav mats! :thumbsup:

All ready to hitch the caravan up Thursday ready for the Easter break at Billing Aquadrome..........hope to get rid of this snow by then, lol

Regards

Rob

ps Got some cleaning to do.

Thanks very much for your help Don.

Rob.

ps Richard and Paul send their best.

.......but is towing a caravan really taking it easy over the first 500 miles.......? No......not anti caravan, so dinnae go on the defensive.....

It's a light-weight Lunar Kev and in the main Motorway miles so easy high gears should be okay.

Could have an Easter Rav meet at Billing Aquadome :drunk: ..

Rob.

It's a light-weight Lunar Kev and in the main Motorway miles so easy high gears should be okay.

Could have an Easter Rav meet at Billing Aquadome :drunk: ..

Rob.

:thumbsup:

well, see how it tows with the new engine.

See you out on the road Kev, with my CARAVAN.377507_2524618292069_1891053897_n.jpg

That's me with the LED brake lights, Rob.....way up there in front.........themz nice side chubes.

I was stopped at the side of the road and noticed this mad strobe light reflecting off the nearside wall. Got out to see my LED side light cluster going mental. Proper psychedelic! Had to disconnect the plug to get it to stop!

I wonder if i can get a refund??? OR maybe some free wipers?? OR me car washed, machined, waxed then polished???? Now... if only i could remember where I got them...

I've been quoted £390 (what's a tenner).

Rob.

I paid £280 for the clutch inc VAT...... Ask for a discount ? They can only say no !!

Now that is a SHED load of Galaxy, Rob.....

Toooooooo----- late already done at £390, this was fitted when new engine went in. Who did yours Charlie ?

CLEN895.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Rav has done over 500 miles on new engine now, RRG want it in for half a day this Friday to check it's all okay and to give Rav a mini Valet, all part of the Warranty. Great customer service.

Regards Rob.

Ps engine compartment pressure washed last Sunday looks fabulous,cheers Don.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links