Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Passenger Seat Rattle Iq

bobkneale

I seem to remember, like mine it has metal swarf in the tubing of the seat frames that vibrates and a simple cure is a strong magnet slid up and down the tubing collecting it all and the magnet holds it to the inside of the frame stopping the rattling

David

• Like 1

They've pretty much told me I have to live with the passanger seat tickover rattle.

It's also been in 3 times for a knocking on the suspension. They said they couldn't find it, so I took a technician out with me. He claims to have checked the suspension components, but it sounds very much like a knocking bush.

I've felt a bit let down by toyota after being very impressed. I was almost certain to buy a new toyota, but this has now left me wondering.

Knocking rear nearside suspension has been mentioned before somewhere on this forum, before I bought my IQ I test drove a couple of second hand IQ's that had this problem and choose not to buy them !

I have been all over my IQ tightening up everything ! with various types of screwdrivers and sockets etc it did reduce "some" rattles ! The most annoying one was the rear seat belt clips banging on the plastic in the rear ! (bad design from Toyota) I fixed this by lowering my rear seat belt clips so they don't contact the rear plastic sides of the IQ internal walls.

• Like 1

There is a slot in the rear trim to plug the seatbelt clips into when not in use so it's held tight and doesn't move about. Slot provided does the job, good design. :)

Craig.

There is a slot in the rear trim to plug the seatbelt clips into when not in use so it's held tight and doesn't move about. Slot provided does the job, good design. :)

Craig.

Cannot find any slots on my IQ ? Perhaps old age is effecting my eyesight !

The slots are there but aren't really up to the job when used as you would think they should be, but do do the job if you twist the seat belt then slot in the metal buckle. Not something you should have to do and, in my opinion, not suitable for the job., this has been the case on 4 IQs that I have owned and used from 09 to 13 models.

The slots are there but aren't really up to the job when used as you would think they should be, but do do the job if you twist the seat belt then slot in the metal buckle. Not something you should have to do and, in my opinion, not suitable for the job., this has been the case on 4 IQs that I have owned and used from 09 to 13 models.

This is what I do with mine, and aside from the odd occasion where something put in the back dislodges them, or they are needed for a passenger, they petty much stay there in place, no rattle.

post-113536-0-90586300-1397949936_thumb.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links