Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Reverse Beep

regraham

Hi everyone, is there any way to disable the reverse beep on the Auris II?

I've seen a guide for the Prius, which I've tried to follow but I don't have the odometer button on my touch and go console that the guide asks you to press. The Ido is constantly on in the centre dash. I've searched the forum and google but can't find the answer.

Can anyone tell me how to disable the reverse beeps, please.

From the back of the back of the owners manual, it says that it is a customisable feature that only the dealer can do. And it can only be replaced with a single beep

• 4 weeks later...

I just had this done.

Took it to dealer, plugged in and there it was, last on the customization list. Easy enough.

Now I can actually hear the parking radar beeping instead of that stupid unnecessary noise :)

• Like 1

The reversing alarm really annoys me too. I actually specified it to be disabled when I bought the car, but unfortunately the dealer didn't do it and I didn't realise until I got home and the dealer is a good 50 miles away.

I'm hoping another dealer will disable it for me tomorrow as a freebie when I give my dad a lift to pick up his new car, fingers crossed.

How much did it cost to have this done?

Are there any other customisation a worth mentioning?

I was hoping it was free, but ended up paying about £15 anyway. I was offered a change to modify anything I wanted though.

The customization menu was small. Reverse beep, bunch of seatbelt alarms and amount of turn signal blinks (default 3 was fine). The tech tried to show me stuff under other menus too, but cable was out already.

I ordered a Techstream cable from eBay for £16, so I can change stuff in the future.

I ordered a Techstream cable from eBay for £16, so I can change stuff in the future.

Can you expand a bit on the techstream cable please?

I've just done a bit of Googling and it looks like it is only for the US, will it definitely work for UK spec cars?

It's like VAG-Com for VW's, Audis etc. Shops use it to diagnose and reprogram cars.

It should be the same for all markets.

Its not for everyone. You can seriously mess up your car with it if you tamper with the wrong settings. I know what I'm talking about; I was in panic with my VW when I got the headlights stuck in some adjustment/diagnostic mode :D

And naturally those cheap eBay ones are illegal pirate ones. Probably shouldn't even discuss about them here.

And naturally those cheap eBay ones are illegal pirate ones. Probably shouldn't even discuss about them here.

I'm shocked! I always thought the eBay stuff was cheap because it was just simple mass produced stuff from China! :-)

</sarcasm>

Anyway, if I don't manage to get the dealer to make the change, can you report back once you've tested your purchase to see if it works?

There's no point in potentially !Removed! up two cars, I can wait a few more days if necessary ;-)

Oh I've had my change done already by dealer, as should you :)

Cable will take 2-4 weeks to arrive.

• 2 weeks later...

Almost forgot to post a followup to this...

Got my Techstream cable and it works great. All customization options are now available, plus many other options.

I disabled the rear seatbelt warnings, since they are sometimes activated if I throw a heavy bag there.

I should have bought this cable before I paid the dealer to have the beeping disabled...

Any chance you can post the link to the eBay item or the seller?

Been wondering about this for a while myself, not going to try it myself, dealer it is!

Any chance you can post the link to the eBay item or the seller?

I'll PM it to you. Although I'm sure most of the eBay listings of this cable are equally good.

I have bought one from eBay, supposedly UK stock so should have it by the end of the week. I'll report back when I've had a play.

• 9 months later...

Hi

Which cable did you buy and what version of techstream? Did it work?

Hi,

This is the seller I bought mine from, it comes with the software, http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/171030549833?afsrc=1

It did the job for disabling the reversing beeps and seeing what else was the car, I use the Torque app occasionally anything else.

• 1 month later...

Only got mine today and the incessant reverse beeping is annoying - can't believe no-one at Toyota realises this and changes the default from the factory.

Only got mine today and the incessant reverse beeping is annoying - can't believe no-one at Toyota realises this and changes the default from the factory.

You're right - the factory default should clearly be a single beep. The constant beeping makes it virtually impossible to hear the rear parking sensor beeps, which are pretty feeble in the first place. My dealer not only changed the setting to a single beep for no charge but he also repositioned the rear reversing bleeper from its original housing so that it is no longer covered by the boot lining etc. It's louder, but still a bit feeble. Can't fault Struans of Dundee for their efforts though.

I have not yet managed to hear the rear parking sensors.

The front sensors are fairly quiet, so I guess it is the daft reverse bleeping that stops the parking sensors being effective.

• Like 1

I have not yet managed to hear the rear parking sensors.

The front sensors are fairly quiet, so I guess it is the daft reverse bleeping that stops the parking sensors being effective.

Silencing the reverse beeping would help and I would recommend uncovering the rear beeper too. Mine is now visible in the small storage compartment in the right hand side of the boot beside the handle used to collapse the rear seats so it should be around that area somewhere. On a related point I find the rear and front sensor distance displays too small and inferior to many other cars.

That said, these are about the only things I've found to complain about, so still very happy on balance :cowboy:

Thanks, I will look tomorrow at where the rear parking sensor sounder is.

Hopefully tomorrow I will also get the chance to get the DAB radio working and test the auto parking thing. Haven't seen anything in the manual on either of these yet. Any hints or tips on this, especially the DAB radio just says no signal?

Then on Monday I can send the dealer a note with any queries and I am sure they will sort it out for me. I need to send them a note anyhow as they did not give me the breakdown cover paperwork, which I understand we get 1 year "free" for buying the car.

Lovely to drive, and taking it for a run tomorrow (only did 7 miles today) and hopefully that will see the mpg creep up above the 27 currently showing on the digital read out.

If thats your only thing to complain about your lucky. How do you know what speed you are actually doing? It gets very cold for rear seat passengers as there are no vents under the seats. You will be lucky to see an average in excess of 50 mpg if you have 17" wheels and low profile tyres. I am waiting for the recall to sort out the Battery problem before I go back to the dealer and get the reverse beep sorted. If you did not get the space saver kit do not get a puncture.

Its a nice drive and could be the best estate on the market but the attention to details takes the edge off.

With the Toyota Roadside Assistance, think you should already have a sticker on the top right inside the windscreen, and personalised cards are usually sent out by Toyota directly to you.

If thats your only thing to complain about your lucky. How do you know what speed you are actually doing? It gets very cold for rear seat passengers as there are no vents under the seats. You will be lucky to see an average in excess of 50 mpg if you have 17" wheels and low profile tyres. I am waiting for the recall to sort out the battery problem before I go back to the dealer and get the reverse beep sorted. If you did not get the space saver kit do not get a puncture.

Its a nice drive and could be the best estate on the market but the attention to details takes the edge off.

It looks like we have identical cars in Island Blue. I'm not sure what you mean about the speed issue? The rear seat temperature is not a problem for me as I seldom carry passengers. I specified the space saver spare as a sensible precaution and coincidentally got my first puncture today! Real world fuel consumption of 50mpg would be very acceptable to me, especially on short journeys with a cold start, and this seems to be more or less what I'm achieving. I've only have the car for three weeks and managed 68mpg on the 70 mile trip home from the dealer when I first picked it up. I had an eight mile round trip into town to get the puncture repaired today and got 60mpg on the way there and 50mpg on the return journey. My old Subaru would have been down in he low 20's, so very happy. I agree with you that there are a few (inexplicable) details that prevent it from being much better. The low profile tyres are not what I would have chosen but this seems to be a UK bling thing, although I find the ride to be good and it copes with speed humps reasonably well. That said, I would advise owners with the 17" tyres to check them regularly - my tyre that had a nail in it today was seriously deflated when I checked it with the gauge but it did not look any different from the others at the correct pressures.