Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Ii Auto Lock Doors

regraham

Weird question but does the new Auris allow auto locking doors if you leave the car?

I've just sold a Yaris where the doors would lock about a minute after I left the car, but this feature is not in the Auris as far as I've seen. Is it not there or is this possibly one of them dealer customisable things?

The first generation Auris had this feature, and I thought it was almost universal for cars with remote central locking. Can't imagine that Toyota would have dropped this.

That is not the actual autolock on the first gen I guess. It works only if you unlock the doors but won't enter the car. If you open and close the door, the car will remain open...

I guess I've just got used to getting out of my Yaris and walking away. Now I have the Auris with push button start, I could just keep the key in my pocket once it's unlocked.

But because the autolock feature is gone I need to pull the keyfob all the way out of my pocket and press the lock button all the way down................ Life is so hard.

Suppose we're at the mercy of manufacturers calling different features the same names. Of the 17 new cars we've had 14 of these have had the feature I described, and some have called this auto locking. Our 2012 Hyundai i20 has auto locking - when the car reaches approx.15 mph, the doors automatically lock.

Does the Icon trim have the Smart Entry system? As long as the keyfob is within range you can just open the doors, or press the leading edge of the drivers door to lock the car.

I didn't spend an entire night reading the owners manual when I had the car on test - Honest! :angel:

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links