Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk1 Avensis

andrewm1

Hi anyone know if the avensis mk1 GS (s reg) has heated side mirrors ?

Can't say for definite but my W plate GS didn't have heated mirrors,my 52 doesn't either :(

Mine doesn't (1998 (S Reg)1.8 GS).

Ok thanks i was just asking as i have seen on auto trader specs that it does have heated mirrors ??

• 3 months later...

Hi sorry for bringing this old thread up again but i took my cover off my mirror and found two wire connected to the mirror glass

but there is no power to them with the demister on any help on this maybe a fuse somewhere??

DSCF3085.jpg

Check the inner fuse box in the lower dashboard, the fuse you need to look for is marked 'Fr DEF', and is rated at 20A.

As you view it, the fuse is third from the left of the top row. There is a relay in the system, but I don't know where it is located.

The other possibility is that the mirror is wired but not fully connected.

Check the inner fuse box in the lower dashboard, the fuse you need to look for is marked 'Fr DEF', and is rated at 20A.

As you view it, the fuse is third from the left of the top row. There is a relay in the system, but I don't know where it is located.

The other possibility is that the mirror is wired but not fully connected.

Hi thanks for replying i just checked and it has the fuse you mentioned but it's ok not blown .... so im thinking relay ?? also according to auto trader spec list this model has heated mirrors now how the hell do i find the relay ??

I just checked my hanes book and it shows how to remove the heated mirror wires from the glass but thats as far as it tells me

The relay for the mirror heater is on relay box located behind the fuse box. You need to look by the accelerator pedal, high up the foot well, on the right hand panel. The relay is bottom right of the relays you can see.

I have added a picture showing the relays. Look for the right most relay.

As my car is the GLS model it has a few extras like the front fog lamps, electric sun roof, so will have a few extra fuses and relays.

I have said before, Toyota sometimes place the wiring for all the specs, so to upgrade all you need to do is get the component.

post-76861-0-28858500-1372161631_thumb.j

The relay for the mirror heater is on relay box located behind the fuse box. You need to look by the accelerator pedal, high up the foot well, on the right hand panel. The relay is bottom right of the relays you can see.

I have added a picture showing the relays. Look for the right most relay.

As my car is the GLS model it has a few extras like the front fog lamps, electric sun roof, so will have a few extra fuses and relays.

I have said before, Toyota sometimes place the wiring for all the specs, so to upgrade all you need to do is get the component.

Thanks i will check it out tomorrow

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links