Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.2 D4D 07 White Smoke When Accelerating And Engine Stalls When Cold S

nocesblanches

Hi there,

I've been reading up today on the long list of posts about the issue with the head gaskets going on the Avensis diesels and I have a couple of questions I hope you guys can help me with.

I drive an 07 avensis estate, 2.2 D4D with 69K miles. My car went in for a service at the end of january and since the service I have been having issues with white smoke coming from the exhaust when accelerating and since 2 weeks the engine keeps stalling in the morning when starting after being left outside all night. The engine takes 3-4 tries to start before it goes. The car also seems to lack power when accelerating.

I have checked a few of the things that have been suggested in previous posts (cooling liquid stays at the same level, making sure the glow plug light goes off on the dashboard, keeping clutch depressed when starting), but with no success.

I have phoned my dealer and the car is booked in with them to be left overnight on monday so they can try to recreate the issue. I overheard the service manager on the phone speaking to the receptionist that "he bets it is the head gasket", which sends a shiver down my spine because to me that sounds expensive.

Several people on here have mentioned that it is a known issue and that Toyota have quietly extended the warranty for this problem; 7 years and 100K miles are often mentioned. However I can't find any official confirmation from Toyota on this.

Can anyone give me any pointers as what to say to my dealer on Monday?

My car has always been serviced by an official Toyota dealer and has barely done 900 miles since the last service.

Thanks in advance for the help

Hi Pete, thanks for the very quick reply.

This may very well be the information i am looking for. I'll take a print out to the garage with me.

Regards,

Roland

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links