Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Satnav In Our Yaris

MrsHasACDX

Thought I would share this with you.

Here's the SatNav set up in our Yaris, which is portable.

My wife and I no longer have arguments about each other's sense of direction or map reading skills :thumbsup:

Pic

Satnav has saved my parent's marriage so many times! He has it fitted to his BM as a matter of course now... My Mum now just sits and complains about "Helga"'s tone of voice! We just can't win... ;-)

Have any of you tried linking up a GPS receiver to a laptop with Autoroute yet? I'd be interested to know how you got on...

Cheers,

A

JON.XL - I'm running Tomtom 2 soon to be Tomtom 3. Waiting for my upgrade to be shipped.

alanbradley - Autoroute won't give you voice promts.

ive got the tomtom 3 sw, erm found it, just need a PPC and sat nav stuff, but dont want to pay a bomb

Same as myself then tom tom 3 is a vast upgrade on tomtom 2 you won`t de dissapointed although the claimed post code function only recognises=`s the first four letters of the postcode!

I got my Sat Nav kit (HP iPaq, GPS thingyo and software) from eBay - there's loads of kits on there. Usually pirate software but really good deals.

I see you've also got a Road Angel. Think I need one of them. Owning a T-Sport tempts you to speed... everywhere!

how do you do that? just plug the 'ball' into the ipaq?

I use a Garmin Emap, so i can use it in the car or in the transit at work. Bought it a year ago on eBay for £240.Though it does not talk to ya,it has an arrow directing you to the destination.

Not a top of the range jobby, but practical, portable and cheap. And very recommendable :).

Biff :thumbsup:

so with that setup I would need roadangel cable and PPC (already got the software from Mr P2P) so you need a supscription with the road angel?

how do you do that? just plug the 'ball' into the ipaq?

Just buy a cable like this cable

very clever! :thumbsup:

so with that setup I would need roadangel cable and PPC (already got the software from Mr P2P) so you need a supscription with the road angel?

No fee is payable for using the Road Angel as the GPS antenna.

You do need to pay a subscrition after the first year to Blackspot, the manufacturer, for updates to the camera location database. The sub for the first year is included in the purchase price of thr RA. After that it's £99 for lifetime subscription or £79 for 2 years.

so its a one of payment of a ton(if i dont want upgrades), what if I get a 2nd had road angel, will i still need to pay the subs on that?

vmail

The max you would have to pay is £100.

Even if you buy 2nd hand, I think you just need to let Blackspot have the serial number of the RA, pay the subs £100, and away you go.

Why don't you give them a call and see if the above is a go'er, and post their response?

Good luck

who else here thinks that they could have made the screen bigger for the satnav system. When I was buying my T sport I was considering it ( just to be flash really ) but seeing the screen realy put me off . Any other car with sat Nav has a much bigger screen . I think toyota could have made an option available so that if you have the satnav system they change the dash unit and have one with a biggr screen or maybe have a plug in video screen which folds down or something

who else here thinks that they could have made the screen bigger for the satnav system. When I was buying my T sport I was considering it ( just to be flash really ) but seeing the screen realy put me off . Any other car with sat Nav has a much bigger screen . I think toyota could have made an option available so that if you have the satnav system they change the dash unit and have one with a biggr screen or maybe have a plug in video screen which folds down or something

Yeah, the screen on the Yaris is too small for Sat Nav :P

But i think Toyota are changing this like on the Rav4, if you opt for Sat Nav, they actually change it to a full colour screen on the dash :thumbsup:

Kenny!

yes the screen is terrible. i remember seeing it in the demo car i drove!

sod it - full 7ich widescreen with Alpine satnav instead!

If toyota are doing it on the Rav4 then lets hope they change the Yaris .

Or maybe they dont see it as being worth it - I mean the yaris is a super mini / town hopper really so why put satnav in it .

I think toyota put it there just so as to have it as a flashy item if someone wants it