Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do I Get An Update To My Avensis Sat Nav Please?

jayfree

Hi everyone

I have in my 2009 Avensis 1.8 Valvematic Saloon a Sat Nav B9010 TNS 700.

As I have had it now for over 2 years, can anyone please tell me the following:-

1. is there an update to it.

2. how do get I hold of the update and is it in the form of a cd .

3. If so , is it easy to load or do I have to get a dealer to do it.

Cheers

As far as I know you can buy an updated cd from your local dealer, not very cheap but easy enough to fit. I looked into it last year as we drove our 2006 down to the south of France. Didn't bother with an update due to the price and had no problems anyway only when it took us round the Paris ring road at rush hour, now that's an experience I don't wish to repeat lol

You can buy updates direct from Toyota:

http://www.toyota-mapupdates.eu/

Sit down before you check the price.

As stated by Rich above you won't find a problem with your current maps unless you need accurate access to newer housing estates or similar. Major routes only change when a new road is built e.g. it may show you as being in the middle of a field on a new bypass. If going on an unknown long route I always jot down the major road numbers and towns to aim for anyway as I never completely trust the satnav. Have used 3 to 4 year old mapping in the past for France and Spain without any problems using a combination of the satnav and major route notes.

Many many thanks to Whitewagon , Rich and Mike. I appreciate your advice and suggestions very much and am really very much obliged for your help.

cheers

Beanyboy

Hi, I purchased a 2012/13 uk Disc for my 2008 Avensis a couple of weeks ago. I agree with previous posts that major roads don't change very often but I was a bit fed up on meeting roundabouts where simple junctions used to be etc. Toyotas of 2008 era still do not have Speed Camera details, but at the price I paid it was only a fraction of Mr T's ask. 2days delivery, disc out, new disc in,1 minute to load and so far no problems. Incidently the nearest new roundabout is there. Google "Toyota SatNav update" and check out the company "Sat Navi."

& did you already have the 2012/13 disc from Toyota?

If no - well then technically you have committed an offence.

Btw, can you confirm if it was E14 or what as E14 appears to be the latest advertised on that site?

Toyota I think are on E16 now, maybe E17.

I am only coming back on this 'cos the last 2 Posts have thrown me ie I am not quite clear on what they are referring to?

I am only coming back on this 'cos the last 2 Posts have thrown me ie I am not quite clear on what they are referring to?

They are refering to pirated copyright infringed material that is available to buy on the net...........This website takes a dim view of such illegal activity so please do not post any links etc

Kingo :thumbsup:

THanks KIngo......so are you saying that those Toyota Updates from satnavi are all illegals then ?

Take a look at their T&C's and make your own mind up ;)

Point taken. Thanks.

Jayfree

• 3 weeks later...

Putting aside the question of the legality of the other supplier, Mr T has a bizarre business strategy charging so, so much for updates... Ho hum, he ain't gonna change his prices & v v v v few people will buy the updates from Mr T...

The software mapping is almost certainly supplied to Toyota by another company who probably buy, at least elements of it, from other companies. The cost of the software mapping is possibly greater than the hardware that is used to display it. Although I agree that the cost of updates is very expensive, because they have to abide by copyright laws, it is likely that the profit margin is not that great.

Personally I would rather see an update that allowed a full postcode entries than annual mapping updates.

Putting aside the question of the legality of the other supplier, Mr T has a bizarre business strategy charging so, so much for updates... Ho hum, he ain't gonna change his prices & v v v v few people will buy the updates from Mr T...

I think that you will find that they are in line (or even cheaper :o) than many other car companies.

I don't think that many people update annually ( I know that I didn't) but Toyota is going to have new versions each year for new vehicle sales so they might as well offer them to existing owners.

& the latest versions (at least on disc) supposedly can't be copied which if true does limit your options.

My Toyota dealer just quoted me £150+ for the latest version disc, a bit excessive?

That's the going rate for the genuine thing.

That's the going rate for the genuine thing.

Must be diamond encrusted.

When I get free updates to Google Maps & the maps themselves get updated , both several times a year, Mr T's approach seems like commercial suicide...

Now running with E14

Just out of interest, how do these updates work? Presumably you put a CD in the car's CD player or something?

(I have no intention of updating mine - I have a TomTom with lifetime map updates AND speedcam warnings so always use that - just interested is all.)

Does anyone know if there is a single DVD with West and East Europe i can buy from somewhere ?

Thanks

The official link is, and no this website will not allow links to "unofficial" websites

www.toyota-mapupdates.eu

Parts-King, i was not asking for unofficial sites as i can google that myself :donatello: My question was if anyone knows or seen a single DVD containing this two zones of Europe

Thanks, Ricky

• 2 weeks later...

Generally people panic about getting the most up to date Satnav, but in my experience it has not been a major problem. I tow an Adria Adora with my Avensis d4d saloon and have toured through France. In total with other cars I have been through France, Italy and Spain towing for about 25000 miles since 2005.

My current Satnav is the original with the 2007 plate Avensis and France was fine last year. Roads get added to but seldom removed!!. You may not get the fastest route, but sometimes it is obvious where the new route has been put in and you make the detour and the satnav will pick you up again at the end of the new road.

Having said this I have just ordered an update for the system after getting completely mixed in Birmingham last week.

Generally people panic about getting the most up to date Satnav, but in my experience it has not been a major problem. I tow an Adria Adora with my Avensis d4d saloon and have toured through France. In total with other cars I have been through France, Italy and Spain towing for about 25000 miles since 2005.

My current Satnav is the original with the 2007 plate Avensis and France was fine last year. Roads get added to but seldom removed!!. You may not get the fastest route, but sometimes it is obvious where the new route has been put in and you make the detour and the satnav will pick you up again at the end of the new road.

Having said this I have just ordered an update for the system after getting completely mixed in Birmingham last week.

How much it will cost, this update ?

• 1 year later...

I drive a 2004 Avensis. I don't have the satnav disc. If I were to come across a newish Toyota Avensis in a breakers or salvage yard, would the satnav cd from that car (assuming it's in the car) work in my Avensis? Would this be legal?