Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have You Modified Your Gt86?

SuzyW

Just wondering! Looking over at a lot of the American websites it appears that a huge majority of GT86 owners are modifying their cars - from the wheels, to bodykit and even engine swaps! But what about the UK? Anyone here instantly modifying the GT86 or do you think it's perfect already?

• 4 weeks later...

Personally i wouldn't bother doing any modifications to it, i like the way it looks and goes. Having said that, i know if a decent turbo kit comes out i'll be first in line! But i'm sure as more bits become available in the UK people will be swapping out the factory wheels for bigger ones and going for more power. Seen a few pictures online/Instagram of US cars with a stupidly big wings on the back, looks ridiculous! Yanks!

I quite like the way the GT86 is already, but yeah agree it needs that turbo upgrade for sure.

maybe a set of alloys too

• 2 weeks later...

Love the car as is, but have ordered a TRD spoiler simply because I prefer the lines of the "duck-bill", and a pair of BRZ fender garnishes (yank-speak). Maybe an exhaust mod once I have heard what other systems sound like. Gonna keep the standard wheels cos I have grown to love them.

Modding in the UK is way behind the US and Japan.

I think we get shafted much more than they do by insurance companies for modifying cars :(

I asked mine how much one of Kingo's chippy boxes would add and it was something like £100!! :eek:

Adding an OEM spoiler was another £70 as was changing my alloys!

I think we get shafted much more than they do by insurance companies for modifying cars :(

I asked mine how much one of Kingo's chippy boxes would add and it was something like £100!! :eek:

Adding an OEM spoiler was another £70 as was changing my alloys!

Hi,

If you need any help with insurance then please feel free to give us a try, Remember club members can receive a discount of up to 15%

Regards,

Dan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links