Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Re-Mapping?

RickLacey

Hello from a Newbie

I'm based in East Lancashire. I have recently replaced a wonderful but horrific Alfa

I now run a 2.2D Rav4 manual 2008 which is proving wonderful

The only downside is the lack of performance. The Alpha was astonishingly quick and I'm missing it.

Has anyone on the Forum had their Rav4 remapped at all?

I'd be interested in the feedback, good and bad.

I'll be keeping the car for at least another 2 years so it needs to be reliable.

Thanks all

Rick

Hello Rick and welcome to the club :thumbsup:

The RAV ECU has proved impossible to hack to date. Your best bet is a tuning chip. Many members swear by a chip kit supplied by our parts man Kingo.

Contact Kingo by following the instructions here:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/69497-toc-authorised-trader-lindop-toyota-parts-king/

Send him your car details and he will see you sorted. It will put a smile on your face but do remember that the RAV probably weighs twice as much as the Alfa and is shaped pretty much like a brick - albeit with the corners knocked off................

The RAV ECU has proved impossible to hack to date. Your best bet is a tuning chip. Many members swear by a chip kit supplied by our parts man Kingo.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/69497-toc-authorised-trader-lindop-toyota-parts-king/

Send him your car details and he will see you sorted. It will put a smile on your face but do remember that the RAV probably weighs twice as much as the Alfa and is shaped pretty much like a brick - albeit with the corners knocked off................

Many thanks for the prompt reply!

I was perfectly prepared to accept slower performance and less Mog when I purchased th car

Bu as time goes on, I'm really missing the Alpha's performance. I have so much more from the Rav4. Reliability for one! Aged parents find it more accessible and it swallows my musical equipment

I was just hoping that for maybe £350 to £400 I could have my cake, and eat it!

Thanks

Rick

Many thanks for the prompt reply!

I was perfectly prepared to accept slower performance and less Mog when I purchased th car

Bu as time goes on, I'm really missing the Alpha's performance. I have so much more from the Rav4. Reliability for one! Aged parents find it more accessible and it swallows my musical equipment

I was just hoping that for maybe £350 to £400 I could have my cake, and eat it!

Thanks

Rick

Totally recommend the Lindop Tuning kit......quite a few of us have them fitted, and have proved reliable, so will save you any blues, brother. Kingo will be along soon, parts manager a Lindop, and he will assist......ALL ROUND good guy.....

Welcome t'club.

Big Kev

• Like 1

Afternoon,

Newbie....1st post

LIndop, how much ????

Afternoon,

Newbie....1st post

LIndop, how much ????

Ah.....brevity.....

Afternoon,

Newbie....1st post

LIndop, how much ????

£375

........worth it.

Now where can I find a cheap one !!! 2nd user is ok with me....

There be a queue for second hand ones.... And you're at the back...

Oh welcome to the club!! ;)

You might want to find out how much the insurance company wants for the modification befroe going ahead

You might want to find out how much the insurance company wants for the modification befroe going ahead

Did you work in insurance, Redlew min? Seems every time this subject comes up, you warn aboot the ides of March......!!!

Big Kev

Had a customer on the other day selling his car, was going to put it on a well known auction site, no idea of the contact details sorry

Kingo :thumbsup:

Did you work in insurance, Redlew min? Seems every time this subject comes up, you warn aboot the ides of March......!!!

Big Kev

Knew someone who got caught out (not me ) and it cost them a packet -wouldn't want it to happen anyone else.

• Like 1