Sign in to follow this  
Zincubus

Urgent ! Uk Road Trip Tomorrow - Advice Please !

Hey guys , I have to travel for a business meeting tomorrow and I'm genuinely worried about getting stuck in the snow / traffic or going off the icy , snow covered roads or even being forced to leave the car somewhere ..afterl seeing the various road conditions on yesterday's news .

To complicate matters still , it looks as though we may have a choice of meeting venues .

I will be travelling from Manchester tomorrow morning and I've provisionally agreed to meet this guy in Mold ,CH7 , Nr Wrexham , Flintshire , North Wales but as you know North Wales has been the hardest hit area in the UK so I don't even know if I will be able to get through to Mold safely nevermind that it may take 5 hours rather than the predicted 75 minutes.

The other option I have is that the guy is leaving Mold later on tomorrow - to head back home to London so there is a chance of meeting him at Crewe ( M6 traffic ? ) on his way home - if he agrees , of course .

So any thoughts or suggestions as to which trip would make the most sense - safety wise ??

Has anyone experienced either place since the snow started ?

Thank you !!!

I would advise you to listen to the Local Radio traffic reports and check the Met Office weather reports on the day and act accordingly.

Remember at all times that there is very little in life that is worth putting the safety of yourself or your car to!

Yes the forum members are out of bed.......but possibly feel that this must be your personal decision based on known information on the day!

Good Luck......Stay safe!

• Like 1

I would advise you to listen to the Local Radio traffic reports and check the Met Office weather reports on the day and act accordingly.

Remember at all times that there is very little in life that is worth putting the safety of yourself or your car to!

Yes the forum members are out of bed.......but possibly feel that this must be your personal decision based on known information on the day!

Good Luck......Stay safe!

Thanks for the suggestions !

Well , bright blue skies and the sun is out already so it looks like we are going for it !

We set off at midday so hopefully 4 hours of sunshine will have melted any ice on the roads !

I understand that all the major roads including the M56 are clear now so it's just the last part of the journey on the A494 that is the concern .

Good luck, safe journey!

Home , safe and sound :)

Thanks guys !

So how we're the roads?

Grey and covered in tarmac :)

Typically helpful, reply, brief and to the point, but utterly useless.

I drove down to York yesterday and back up via harrogate today and the roads were a light white colour, probably from the snow and salt.

Typically helpful, reply, brief and to the point.

I aim to please... :clap: