Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Bumper Removal

wharfstaff

I picked up a hire car from work last week and thought it would be nice for my wife to use my Rav while I was away so I took her IQ to work and left it there,

I bet she wondered what the strange beeping noise was when she reversed into her parking space at her works.

photo_zps24a4ba2f.jpg

The bumper damage can be buffed out :disgust: and toched up but the main problem is how to replace the fog lamp lens?

2007 RAV4.3

Easy. Follow the instructions for getting the bumper off here then it unscrews from the inside. Think on the plastic will be brittle in the cold so you either want some heat in your garage or leave it for a nice day.

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/%7B92690725-7668-3B01-823B-580E55787668%7D/TPA400%20PZ464-X0422-00%20AIM%20000%20525-4.pdf

....and sit down before you order the new light unit, similar happened to mine last year, it costs £80 odd and that's from Kingo. You won't find aftermarket ones.

edit.... forget that :blushing: ,just realised mine was the one on the lower corner of the bumper but I bet the price is similar.

Many thanks, Anchs. MOT is not until Nov, there should be a warm day before then.

Aaargh, Bezzer, you just replied as I posted thanks to Anchs.....where's the glue?

Plenty of breakers have back bumpers.

A bumper from a scrapper will probably be the cheapest option if they have the right colour, but if not, that vertical crack (if I am seeing it right) is a simple repair and can be sorted fairly cheaply :thumbsup:

I was thinking to get a rear fog light as I can see you have reversing sensors. It is an option to fit the whole thing though - we can find you the templates for the sensors..

Templates for sensors available.....PM me email address.

They may be required to print at 75% to get to correct scale......there is a size check included.

Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. I will wait until the weather warms up a bit, carefully remove all the fasteners and have a good look at the damage. At least it wont start rusting :)

I am fairly good with an airbrush, have touched in rusty BMW rear arches and dropped motorcycle fairings :blushing:

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely warm day today in East Anglia, so whipped off the bumper and changed the foglamp without a hitch. I will fettle the bumper, having buffed it up it doesen't look too bad, it will just need a bit of paint on the inside face by the rear door.

Thanks again for the help.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links