Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sr180

Beags

Just bought a lovely Sr180. God im thrilled with it...except for a squeaky front seat...anyone else had this?

I had this, got it sorted by the dealer before I collected the car though. Not sure what they did to it for the fix I'm afraid.

Might try some WD40 - it feels like the squeaks in the springs within the seat, not in the joints....

Are you sure it's the seat? Could be the seatbelt lock aswell...

Yes my seatbelt buckle also squeaks sometimes - the part where it can adjust fore and aft. (The bit the seat belt clicks into, near the arm rest).

If it's the seat back which squeaks, if it's anything like my previous Renault the seat needs removing from the car and then the upholstery needs removing to be able to spray it.

Hi

I had mine repaired on a T180 by the dealer, under warranty. Apparently it's a common fault on the Auris.The seat base was replaced.

Steve

Is it the seat base or seat back which is squeaking?

My seat back was squeaking, this was lubricated.

My seat base was loose and rocking about when braking/accelerating. This was replaced.

Im gonna guess its the seat back...nothing feels loose at the base.. How can you lube the back without messing up the seat fabric?

Its definitely the seat back, not the base....not sure how Im gonna get WD40 there without taking the whole seat cover off :(