Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help - Supposed Tombe Travelling From Manchester To Mold Ch7 Tomorrow

Zincubus

Hey guys , I have to travel for a business meeting tomorrow and I'm genuinely worried about getting stuck in the snow / traffic or going off the icy , snow covered roads or even being forced to leave the car somewhere ..afterl seeing the various road conditions on yesterday's news .

To complicate matters still , it looks as though we may have a choice of meeting venues .

I will be travelling from Manchester tomorrow morning and I've provisionally agreed to meet this guy near Mold CH7 , Flintshire , North Wales but as you know North Wales has been the hardest hit area in the UK so I don't even know if I will be able to get through to Mold safely nevermind that it may take 5 hours rather than the predicted 75 minutes.

The other option I have is that the guy is leaving Mold later on tomorrow - to head back home to London so there is a chance of meeting him at Crewe ( M6 traffic ? ) on his way home - if he agrees , of course .

So any thoughts or suggestions as to which trip would make the most sense - safety wise ??

Has anyone experienced either place since the snow started ?

Thank you !!!

Well I have to drive from Henley to Liverpool for work tomorrow, in a moon miles diesel Passat. (I refused to park my M3 there overnight lol)

I don't think there is any more snow predicted, and the main roads should be clear by now...

Thanks . That's reassured me somewhat . You've got a much longer trip than us !

Good luck ,

It's ok, I'll be fine, you'll even more fine because you have a Toyota, and it has 4WD :)

Alas I have a !Removed! great Toyota 4x4, that functioned perfectly, but I took it to bits at the beginning of March because I thought "we'll be fine for snow now"

As I suggested to you on the other thread that you started on the same subject......

I would advise you to listen to the Local Radio traffic reports and check the Met Office weather reports on the day and act accordingly.

Remember at all times that there is very little in life that is worth putting the safety of yourself or your car to!

ONCE AGAIN.......GOOD LUCK.....SAFE JOURNEY :)

Well , bright blue skies and the sun is out already so it looks like we are going for it !

We set off at midday so hopefully 4 hours of sunshine will have melted any ice on the roads !

I understand that all the major roads including the M56 are clear now so it's just the last part of the journey on the A494 that is the concern .

It was horrendous in Wrexham, Mold area but just 6 miles away in Queensferry we really only had a few inches with little disruption (apart from power outages and internet problems)

I was up at Kelsall yesterday with 5 foot drifts and small side roads closed, but 5 miles away there was not a snowflake on the ground! Some areas like Mold just had no stop snow for a few days, most of the main roads are back to normal, but the likes of the Horseshoe pass are still closed which is normal after heavy snow

Kingo :thumbsup:

Well , bright blue skies and the sun is out already so it looks like we are going for it !

We set off at midday so hopefully 4 hours of sunshine will have melted any ice on the roads !

I understand that all the major roads including the M56 are clear now so it's just the last part of the journey on the A494 that is the concern .

It was horrendous in Wrexham, Mold area but just 6 miles away in Queensferry we really only had a few inches with little disruption (apart from power outages and internet problems)

I was up at Kelsall yesterday with 5 foot drifts and small side roads closed, but 5 miles away there was not a snowflake on the ground! Some areas like Mold just had no stop snow for a few days, most of the main roads are back to normal, but the likes of the Horseshoe pass are still closed which is normal after heavy snow

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks .

Hopefully we are not going through the Horshoe Pass. ..

Not unless you take a really bad turn :lol:

Not unless you take a really bad turn :lol:

Or a very large spade! ;)

Home , safe and sound :)

Thanks guys !

Home , safe and sound :)

Thanks guys !

So how was the journey?

The roads were fine. (Today I did M62, M6, M5, M42, M40)

Alas the company car decided that "limp home mode" was an appropriate measure to take when "pushing on" on the M40, an hour and a half (normal speed) from home.

I wasn't best impressed!