Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo 2007 Gearchange Problems

18 jab

My 2007 Aygo Black started having problems with the gearchange it wasnt too bad down the box but diffucult to select gears going up the box particularly second.

I looked at a lot of forums but couldnt find my exact problem. Some garages said it was the selector cables some said the gearbox and some the clutch.

In the end after looking at various websites and viisting toyota I had the clutch changed expect to pay arounfd £ 250.00 Toyota wanted £650.00. It fixed the problem (The fingers on the pressure plate were worn). I am posting this in case anyone else has the same problem as I understand it is quite a common problem. Car done 28K

Hi and welcome.;-) .........that wasn't a bad price and yes the clutch seems to be an issue...my Aygo Black had a new clutch fitted at 17k...I believe it helps to moniter and adjust the clutch cable play reguarly (it should be apprx 20mm play at the pedal............also apparently the slightly beefier Yaris clutch fits and seems to help solve the issue significantly...... ;-))

Or you could buy the Toyota Extended Warranty for a fraction of the £650 you paid and be covered for this and many other eventualities ;o)

Can you still get a toyota warranty on a 2007 car ? The other problem that if it is deemed wear and tear they wont cover it and you are left with the high toyota bill. Toyota did say that they will ring the company because of the low mileage but there woul have to be a massive discount to make it viable.

I don't know; but mine is a 2009 Aygo and we expected the clutch issues. We got the Toyota Warranty immidiately as the factory warranty expired to cover this and any other issues. If you search the forum, youll see that I posted my recent positive claim experience.

Best £300'odd I spent and I'm already up.

From 2009 onwards the Aygo was fitted with the Yaris clutch which measures 190mm compared to the pre 2009 version which measured 180mm. This solved the problem of premature clutch wear except in those cases of bad driving technique, in which case the larger clutch won't make any difference!!

Your new clutch should be the Yaris 190mm type so all should be good.

DSH

After market clutches are still based on the 180mm spec not the newer 190mm spec based on past experiences

Alex

I had the same problem, I had to first get a new clutch, which worked for a few months with no problems, It then started happening again. I took it back to the toyota garage who then told me I needed a whole new gearbox and quoted me a ridiculously high price. So I took my car to a different garage, they installed a new clutch and gearbox for 750 pounds and a year on, everything is still fine.

• 6 months later...

If that is the case would searching for an uprated clutch for a yaris be the way forward?

Most garages now fit a yaris size clutch when they renew the clutch. since the clutch repair all is fine