Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Voice Recognition Not Available On Auris Hybrid 2013 Excel

auris_2013

I bought the Auris Hybrid Excel this month (2013) with the Satnav (Touch&Go) option installed. The steering wheel does have the voice command button, but pressing it simply gives the error message 'Voice recognition not available' on the screen. Having contacted the Toyota
dealer, they are unable to explain why the button is on the steering wheel while there is no option to get the voice command option, which is only available with 'Touch&Go PLUS' version.

I think it's very misleading to have a permanent non-functional steering wheel button while giving no option of enabling this feature, or removing the non-functional button. The user manual for the car talks in length about the voice recognition feature and steering wheel button, as well as other features of Touch&Go PLUS, such as Email access and text-tospeech feature. Yet Touch&Go PLUS is apparently not available for the new Auris at all; only the Touch&Go is available. Why fit this voice button in the car if 'Touch&Go Plus' or voice command is never to be available on the new Auris?

Has anyone else who bought the Auris Excel + Satnav on this forum tried this out yet? If so, please contact Toyota Customer Relations department and your Toyota dealer and let me know the responses you get in this thread. I think this kind of mismatch between hardware and software on a 2013 car is shameful coming from a company like Toyota.

In common with a lot of Japanese car manufacturers, the content of the English language owner manuals cover a number of markets, so not all the features outlined in the owners manual are available in all markets.

Touch & Go Plus may not be available on the Auris in the UK, but it may be in other markets.

In common with a lot of Japanese car manufacturers, the content of the English language owner manuals cover a number of markets, so not all the features outlined in the owners manual are available in all markets.

Touch & Go Plus may not be available on the Auris in the UK, but it may be in other markets.

In the touch screen manual, wherever there is an optional feature discussed, it states ''if equipped'' or ''can vary by market''. But the voice recognition is covered as a standard feature of the 'with navigation' spec models (in the second part of the manual) as opposed to the 'without navigation' spec models discussed in the first part of the manual. Also, the 'varies by market' reason is no excuse to include a permanent non-functional gimmick button on the steering wheel which only serves to mislead customers into believing that they may get non-existent features in their car for their money.

Touch & Go + is available as a dealer fit accessory, but not as a factory fit as yet.

See here: http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/7299a79b-9dc4-4cc8-8907-f7e29851193b/Auris_RHD_Touch_and_Go_Plus_PZ490_00331_B0_AIM_002_585_1.pdf

Touch & Go + is available as a dealer fit accessory, but not as a factory fit as yet.

See here: http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/7299a79b-9dc4-4cc8-8907-f7e29851193b/Auris_RHD_Touch_and_Go_Plus_PZ490_00331_B0_AIM_002_585_1.pdf

This makes all the difference; thanks for the info. Do you know if that will apply to the UK market?

It is available for UK spec cars, I ordered one to fit today for a car being delivered next week.

It is available for UK spec cars, I ordered one to fit today for a car being delivered next week.

Thanks, my dealer told me yesterday that it wasn't available. I will need to have a word with them again.

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I also have just purchased the Auris Hybrid Excel (24/6/13) and have encountered exactly the same issues as the post on the 27/3/13 despite being told by several dealers that the voice recognition was on the touch and go.

(This was important to me as I was trading in a Prius that had this facility).

Indeed if you search the web you can find Toyota dealers advertising this facility as a standard feature!

My dealer seems to think that there is no upgrade available - does anyone know differently?

Hi,

I also have just purchased the Auris Hybrid Excel (24/6/13) and have encountered exactly the same issues as the post on the 27/3/13 despite being told by several dealers that the voice recognition was on the touch and go.

(This was important to me as I was trading in a Prius that had this facility).

Indeed if you search the web you can find Toyota dealers advertising this facility as a standard feature!

My dealer seems to think that there is no upgrade available - does anyone know differently?

Hi, it's in the June price list as:

Touch & Go Plus: full map navigation, advanced bluetooth connectivity, rear-view camera & 3 years' map updates

Optional on Icon & Excel - price £950

Added--

Part # PZ490-00332-00 to convert Touch to Touch & Go Plus

Ask your dealer to look at the current price list.

Regards,

G...

• Like 1

Hi

Thanks for the info - have now been back to the dealer who has now found the relevant part and ordered for me.

Thanks again

Hi Stephen, has your dealer quoted a price for this conversion?

Hi

I have been quoted £200 (950 for plus - £750 for touch and go )

I have an auris hybrid t spirt 12 plate with touch and go. How much is the go plus module unfitted does anyone know

Touch & Go + is not available for MK1 Auris as the head unit is not compatible i'm afraid

Touch & Go + is not available for MK1 Auris as the head unit is not compatible i'm afraid

I have steering button . When pushed screen says voice recognition not available. Go is an add on module to touch and go plus is just a different add on. Toyota tech have instructions to fit it ?

I have double checked the accessory listing and there is no Go + kit for MK1 Auris, it might be possible to fit a Go + kit from another model but as accessories are not returnable to Toyota I doubt a dealer will be willing to let you try a different kit.

The Toyota tech site only has instructions for Go on a Mk1 Auris.

• 2 weeks later...

Purchased a Auris Hybrid Excel and included the Touch & Go option, purchased June 2013. Paired my Nokia Lumia 800 and when I receive a text the Touch & Go completed a text to speech. Said the name of the person that sent the text and then said "read-it" or "Ignore", I said READ-IT and it read-out the text perfectly. I was then asked if I wanted to reply, I replied and it completed the translation perfectly and sent the message...I am quoting the sequence from memory so the order might not be correct.

The point is that the standard Touch & Go already has voice recognition and Toyota could have programmed a basic VR system into this version of TAG.

Also, impressed by the speed of traffic updates....uses DAB

Selecting music stored on a USB key is not very friendly, the touch screen is required to browse music and if an album is selected, you can only return back to the album list by using the touch screen. The back option on the steering wheel is disabled. The keys on the steering wheel and the software in the TAG is an area for development....from the safety point of view

It is for my 12 plate hybrid . have just had it fitted .

• 1 year later...

Guys,

New to the forum and first post. I have an 2015 Auris Excel with Touch & Go and would like to upgrade to Touch & Go+.

My dealer tells me I have to buy the full kit for £950.00p but should sell the existing three month old kit on eBay. I quoted the upgrade kit number quoted previously to be told its for the 2013/14 model.

Can anyone advise if there is an upgrade kit for the 2015 model and a part number to order it.

Thanks,

Guys,

New to the forum and first post. I have an 2015 Auris Excel with Touch & Go and would like to upgrade to Touch & Go+.

My dealer tells me I have to buy the full kit for £950.00p but should sell the existing three month old kit on Ebay. I quoted the upgrade kit number quoted previously to be told its for the 2013/14 model.

Can anyone advise if there is an upgrade kit for the 2015 model and a part number to order it.

Thanks,

Your 2015 Auris will have Touch 2 in comparison to the earlier Touch system mentioned on this thread, the part numbers you want are here : http://www.toyota-tech.eu/aimuploads/86e5df73-f28d-4441-a3a1-252dd600ae09/Auris_RHD_Touch_2_with_Go_Plus_PZ490_00334_B0_AIM_002_225_3.pdf

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I have the same problem on a 2019 hilux invincibe

You only get voice recognition with the "High"/Plus version of Touch 2 with Go.

Voice recognition is standard on the Hilux Invincible X (recently revamped), but not the lower grades.

• 7 months later...

Hi I just bought the CHR club model and have exactly the same message that voice recognition is not available ...but I must mention that I do have Waze installed .

Can I add voice recognition to this model 

Many thanks 

• 2 years later...

Just brought a 2016 Hilux workmate. When I push the talk button it says Voice Recognition not available. When you look up the specs online it says the vehicle comes with voice recognition. How do I fix it ?