Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1998 1.8 Exhaust

fractureman

Hi, just replaced my complete exhaust system as I had leaks between the rear section & the cat. I couldn't replace just those sections as all bolts had rusted so did the whole system.

I used all the gaskets in the kit & system is fine apart from where the front pipe joins to the base of manifold. It blows quiet a bit here. I can't use exhaust sealant as is before the cat.

Any ideas what I could use to try stop it blowing & is there a gasket here at this join as I didn't have one for this joint.

In between your manifold and front pipe is a "spacer" which has a gasket either side, see pic attached

post-45863-0-53914800-1364417436_thumb.j

Thanks are they the toyota part numbers on the diagram? Will ring dealer & get them ordered as when I just looked only have 1 gasket at bottom not the spacer & 1 above

Why not just re-use the original 'dounut' This is what I did. As far as I am aware there is no aftermarket option. This is what most exhaust fitters do.