Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poorly 'rolla Solution!

anagantios

Hi all,

most will have noticed i had problems earlier in the year with my little rolla, turns out it was 2 contributors to the problem. If anyone else has the same problems these are what were found to have caused mine.

First one, air filter sensor had fallen out the side of the air filter box, and throttle cable was bagging. Solution, plug the sensor back in, and tighten throttle cable back up

Second problem, car keeps cutting out when revs drop below 1000rpm both when the car is stationary at start up and cold and also coasting to junctions/stopping fully at junctions/stopping anywhere. Possible problem was the Lambda sensor, turns out it's not in this case... 18025861_bar_1580421_pri_larg.jpg

This little fella is what's broken on mine, the choke which should disengage when the car has warmed up, mine kept cutting in which was causing the car to cut out. Hope that helps anyone in distress :)

• Like 1

It wont help me cos mines a D4D but on behalf of other owners of your type thank you for posting, so many people seem post and then when the problem is solved never advise the result.

• 2 weeks later...

Also spotted that the owners of the car before me must have known my temp sensor was on it's way out because the throttle idle speed was altered to compensate for this problem. Simple adjustment of a tiny little piece just behind the throttle cable body and the revs are sitting back at 800/900 happily :)

• 1 month later...

Also, there is another factor that added to my car cutting out which was only recently discovered after he cut out again after the sensor being replaced. The previous owners had removed the spark plugs, cleaned them up and hadn't seated them properly when they were put back in...

(looked like the originals, Denso think they were the U11...i just know that they were v sparks) Brought new spark plugs (NGK's) and fitted them, made damn sure they were in right and seated and all the power is back :D no more bogging down or delays when revving :D

hi,

You mentioned "Simple adjustment of a tiny little piece just behind the throttle cable body" I can see what you are referring to, can are you able to take picture pls?

Thanks.

EDIT: Are you referring to the nuts at the end of the throttle cable?

hi, You mentioned "Simple adjustment of a tiny little piece just behind the throttle cable body" I can see what you are referring to, can are you able to take picture pls? Thanks. EDIT: Are you referring to the nuts at the end of the throttle cable?

Attached picture, thats the bolt I mentioned, hard to get a good photo the hose from the air filter blocks the view a bit

post-128547-0-46491800-1371117603_thumb.

Thanks for your trouble, thats great, I take a look.

Thanks for your trouble, thats great, I take a look.

the adjusted one is the one with yellowish grease around it, the smaller of the 2 :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links