Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Got Collared 2nyt

MisteR 2

Got collared tonyt man by fuzz for having dodgy plates on me car!! My plates are chrome lettred, 65 mm high, on cut down sized plates. Batty boy coppers pulled into the car park in Farnborough, where me and some mates was parked up, and !Removed! asking us who's these cars was, blah blah. Got a !Removed! Fix Pen Notice init, !Removed! 30 quid man.

TBH you have no one to blame but yourself. There are strict guidelines on the acceptable size, font size, style and font colour of plates. I'm all for the rules, since they make it far easier to identify cars that drive off after traffic incidents etc.

There's nothing worse than being involved in an accident only to be unable to read the plate of the driver who fails to stop after the incident.

So, best advice, change your plates and you won't incur any more fixed penalty notices :thumbsup:

Yup .. I got the same .. but this was 2 weeks before the import plates ruling came through officially ..

Couldn't complain .. Just had to take it like a man.

I'm a bit confused on number plates.

The smaller bike style ones?, are they legal on a car?... I've been told they aren't but lots of people seem to have them.

theyre legal if you cant fit the normal wide style onto them without having to fit a new bumper..thats why its fine for the imported JDM vehicles to have the smaller plate on the back bumper. :thumbsup:

be prepaired to still be stopped by the fuzz tho. I still get stopped.

But they aren't 100% sure what the deal is as they never give me a fine etc.

i kinda agree with u there dame.

but if the plates r clearly legible then it shouldnt be a problem i dont think.

i mean theres reg's where people change II into H by placin a screw inbetween, or something similar. i agree on those they should be changed. but not 65mm ones. that would be easily readable. then again maybe the chrome reflecting would be bad makin em unreadble...

didnt know about that bibbs!!!?

was it for the plate stuck in ur windscreen, the ones that had "just fallen off"?

-Z

My fine was when my plate was stuck in the Rad intake area .. he wanted to confiscate them .. but could work out how they were stuck to the car ..

Double sided tape fools police shocker ..

the top was level with the front of the car and the plate faced downwards/inwards ..

NE1 seen thoes carbon profile plates supposed to be 100% legal :eek:

truck_1.gif

yeah .. cause you have the minimum "border" around the letters ..

there nice tho like £50 a pair ;)

relay whats the minimum border it looks like arr an inch.

what did u cut it out with? :bookworm:

have a look in "general" about plates .. I just posted the link to the DVLA spec sheet ..

the top was level with the front of the car and the plate faced downwards/inwards ..

Yet facing the sky on the bonnet of a Jaguar E type is perfectly legal!!!!? :wacko:

Rich

thats true i've seen the big shot jags with em like that.

guess it's like tints.

the "bigger" car's can get away with em more than "lesser" cars!

-Z

yeah .. I know ..

It's a farce .. I recon it's a "modded car" & "young Male" thing they pull ya for really ..

then it's look for ANYTHING that will cost ya ..

arguing that point would perhap at most lead to jag having to change their plates. a bit harsh on them. still no one's sposed 2 be above the law...

-Z

I find being polite usually gets you away with a lot ..

I may yell "go catch some real criminals" out the car when someone else is pulled over .. but never when it's me :D

bibbs:

'tis very true, u havta fight the urge to say summin like that!

jim:

u'll find 'em i nthe back of car mags. i've come across a few, got none on hand atm tho, soz pal.

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links