Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yet Another Sodding Puncture!

DFish

Due to the silly widths on our OE wheels/tyres I've had to replace yet another tyre!

This left the car un-usable as the noddy tyre inflator couldn't blow a rubber ring up let alone a flat wheel. So into Toyota I go and they appear to be looking into supplying a space saver/spare as an option but nothing solid yet, so one steel rim on order so I can relax knowing that if I get another I'll be able to at least get home or to a rip off twit fit! :death::mad2:

Fish

Sorry but failing to Understand what the OE size of wheels/tyres has to do with the fact you were not carrying a spare wheel in a small car.

Re Punctures,

Are you saying that the Tyre size Toyota fitted is too wide or too narrow, or you drive other things like pot holes and get punctures because of the Tyre/wheel size?

Did you ruin a tyre running it not fully inflated or something?

Why not get your Tyres filled with Mouse and reduce the need for hassle with Punctures.

Who is looking at supplying Spares as an Option, a Toyota Dealer or Toyota the Company?

Sounds like a tale being told there by some one to keep a customer happy.

george

Due to the silly widths on our OE wheels/tyres I've had to replace yet another tyre!

This left the car un-usable as the noddy tyre inflator couldn't blow a rubber ring up let alone a flat wheel. So into Toyota I go and they appear to be looking into supplying a space saver/spare as an option but nothing solid yet, so one steel rim on order so I can relax knowing that if I get another I'll be able to at least get home or to a rip off twit fit! :death::mad2:

Fish

That has always been my worry, punctures are bad enough even with a spare but having to wait for recovery because the gunge won't work is just useless.

I have carried a steel rim with spare ever since I bought my first IQ 4 or 5 years ago.

I didn't buy the car as a functioning 4 seater so the rear seats are always folded down and there is plenty of space for a full size spare.

John

George, I'm saying that due to the narrowness of the OE wheels, should you get a puncture most tyre places will not repair them unless they are dead centre due to the 'repair' being on the edge/shoulder, where they refuse to repair.

I was stuck at a location due to having another flat, which delayed a trip by a number of hours. Soon a spare will be carried hopefully stopping this delay.

The Toyota dealers parts dep. was the source of information that they are looking at making an option of a spare/space saver.

Fish

I understand.

Just how it is,

the car is the weight it is, the type it is, Small/economic/City Car type, and needs parts to try and achieve the Economy, ie narrower and lighter tyres and wheels..

If you want wide tyres you buy a bigger car or fit them to the car you have.

Punctures are not a common feature of Narrower tyres IME, not a feature of the iQ from 2009 or Aygos etc if this forum is representative.

Never had a puncture on a road in a car in 35 years luckily.

Take the damaged tyre away, do not leave it for their scrap pile,

and do your own repair if it can be done safely, and you learn how to.,

or get the opinion of someone that does repairs on Commercials etc.

That is not Slik Fit Dancers type Tyre selling people.

That repaired tyre can make a good spare to carry.

george