Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Body Minor Scratches

Auris Girl 08

Hi all

Any ideas how i can cover up minor scratches on my car. If you can see in the pic.

post-127756-0-07996400-1364553701_thumb.

This is the underside of the bumper above the exhaust pipe Looks like the previous owner hit a bollard or something. Whatever they covered it up with has washed off!

My car is the toyota navey blue, is the called midnight blue? I was thinking about the T cut crayon, but not sure of what colour to get, as T cut are not going to cater for individual cars are they?

With a dark metallic grey Mazda 2 we had, we used Carplan T Cut Colour Fast to conceal minor scratches - http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_167694_langId_-1_categoryId_255240

You could also buy paint touch up kits (eBay kits are quite handy and cheap).

Then use any sort of scratch remover (e.g. T-cut) on top of it.

I remember watching something on you tube or maybe reading about it on a detailing forum a while ago, a pro just put some colour matched paint on a rag and then just rubbed it all over the affected area, filling the scratches, and then he just polished it after it had dried.

It looked so easy, and came out near perfect.

I would go for a Compound Grinder rather than t-cut to smooth out your touch up paint. T cut is fine for removing tar and tiny scratches, but for smoothing paint CG is the way to go...take a little less time to polish out too. T cut will take you all day!

• 1 month later...

Hi , another question

My car is the Toyota Navy blue. Although i would class it as metallic, can someone confirm this as i dont know if i should use T Cut colour restorer for Solid colours or for Metallic Colours

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_169269_langId_-1_categoryId_255240 - Metallic

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_169076_langId_-1_categoryId_255240#tab1 - original

I will do the colour fast aswell, as every time i wash my car, there are always new minor scratches, but can use colour restorer on the rest of the car.

I'd go for the metallic, I think Toyota only do the white in the solid colour.

As for finding new scratches every time you wash the car, do you use a sponge or a mitt? Do you use two buckets? And do you rinse the car first?

I don't want to teach you to suck eggs, but I know that I used to use just a sponge and a bucket, and always had scratches, and then I discovered the world of detailing and realised I'd been causing the majority of the scratches myself due to poor washing technique.

I have a confession to make that I dont actually wash it myself as such, because i dont get the time, so i do a £5 hand car wash jobby, which i thought was safer than the traditonal drive thru car wash which i know for a fact does scratch your car from all the dirt stuck in their giant brushes.....

if i did it myself id use a sponge and one bucket, first with shampoo, followed by clean water to rinse it off. Im on water meter so cant afford to hose pipe, plus i dont have an external tap.

The pre-facelift Auris (2007-2010) was done in 2 solid colours - Pure White and Solar Red (checked the June 2009 Auris brochure). Check your VIN plate for the colour code, but I presume your Auris is the 856 Dark Blue (metallic).

Ok, thanks Frosty. I had a look at my V5 and it said Dark blue, i didnt look at the place as i presumed it would have said the same

Its a pleasure - glad to be of help.

I would recommend using G3 Scratch Remover, it works a treat! I have an identical car as you and I had minor scratches on the car and after reading lots of reviews I bought the G3 Scratch Remover and it got rid of the scratches! :)

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_804685_langId_-1_categoryId_255240