Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Erg Valve

firstfixer

Wynns Egr3 Exhaust Gas Recirculation 3 Cleaner. as as anybody tried this instead of striping the valve down.and is it safe to use?

steve

What is it? A spray? An additive? Got a link?

Conventional wisdom is that if it's a fuel additive, it won't do jack as the EGR is connected to the exhaust system an no additive is going to survive engine combustion enough to clean anything in the exhaust.

Currently the best way to clean an EGR is to take it out and dunk it in carb cleaner for some hours (Or less if you're willing to swirl and scrub it about like you're cleaning dishes :lol:) as the carb cleaner just dissolves the carbon crud right off back to shiny metal almost magically! (Barry Scott eat yer heart out! :P)

Very good Robbie ............ are you a member of his fan club mate? :naughty:

Pete.

Hi, I used this stuff on the EGR valve after I had removed the valve from the car.

It forms sort of chemical reaction with the carbon deposits on the valve, causes a sort of spitting-and-spatting.

Helped to clean the valve & remove the carbon.

am i missing something

spraying this in place

i wouldnt want a load of loosened up carbon getting sooked through my engine

hi its a spray, you spray into air intake suposedly cleans without striping valve down.linkhttp://www.wynnoil.co.uk/products-wynns-featured-egr3.htm

dont know what other 2 whalies or about but thanks for your reply.

steve.

Sometimes we can have a bit of fun on this normally serious forum, but if you don't have a sense of humour .... :rolleyes: