Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Easter Opening Hours

Adam C

Hi all, hope you're all having a good Easter.

Unfortunately for me I discovered a problem with one of my Yarises - a broken front spring.

Does anyone know if the Toyota centres are open tomorrow at all?

Being a Bank Holiday, I would imagine that the sales side will have a skeleton staff (dealers should pay staff more), but the service/parts side will probably not be open til Tuesday.

Do you have many speed bumps around where you live - common cause of broken springs. Might be advisable to renew the pair - but see what the dealer thinks.

I thought so but felt I could strike lucky haha.

There's a few speed bumps around but I don't encounter them everyday; I go extra slow over them. I'm rather bemused with it being the offside spring that's gone, it's strange but guess these things happen. Never noticed anything last time I drove it, just horrible clunking on a short drive this morning. Already missing my baby! And yeah I was thinking it would be the wise thing to do changing both of them.

I've heard a different rattle/creak previously which I'd suspected were the telltale sign of the anti-roll bar bushes wearing so hopefully have those checked too. Good thing I've got the extended warranty but I just want it fixing ASAP.

It's a good job that you have two cars......You cannot drive both of them at the same time :)

Wait till Tuesday then get it booked in!

Unfortunately for me I discovered a problem with one of my Yarises - a broken front spring.

I very much doubt it, probably the showroom is, they will sell you a new car but not a part, now there's a suprise. I would not go to a dealer for a spring, go to a motor factor such as Europarts or Andrew Page and get a Blueprint part. Could well be open tomorrow morning. I would also renew both front springs if one has broken.

Regards Geoff Peace.

I very much doubt it, probably the showroom is, they will sell you a new car but not a part, now there's a suprise. I would not go to a dealer for a spring, go to a motor factor such as Europarts or Andrew Page and get a Blueprint part. Could well be open tomorrow morning. I would also renew both front springs if one has broken.

Regards Geoff Peace.

Geoff.....Adam did say that he had extended warranty on his Yaris, so I would think that he might want a genuine Toyota part fitting.

Hopefully the dealer will appreciate the need for changing both springs under warranty

That is true about having the two cars Red Yaris 54, I absolutely hate being without a car though sorely missing using the affected vehicle. But these things happen and no doubt it shall be sorted this week. I definitely hope they'd replace both springs under warranty as we don't know if or when the other may fail. One possible factor could well be corrosion as I live near the sea plus I still work at Seaham while getting business for my instructor career. Thankfully this seems rare to happen on any car, especially one less than five years old. I'll blame the Frenchies who built it!

Very tempted to go down that route Geoff Peace, but I'll just be patient and try my local Mr T, they're usually good to me. And you do have a valid point there - they'd sell you a car but not a part on a Sunday/bank holiday! Would be a swine if you bought a car only to suffer a component failure around the corner . .

If you have a Toyota extended warranty you should have AA cover get them to recover the car to your Toyota dealer and get them to give you a hire car which is provided free for 48 hours

Regards Geoff Peace.

Geoff.....Adam did say that he had extended warranty on his Yaris, so I would think that he might want a genuine Toyota part fitting.

Hopefully the dealer will appreciate the need for changing both springs under warranty

I would doubt that the warranty would cover a broken spring. I think it would come under that gigantic umbrella 'wear and tear'

Regards Geoff Peace.

Ohhh never thought about that Devon Aygo. Got the Club Toyota/Roadside Assist thing too. Gonna call the dealership first thing in the morning to sort it out.

Would be strange if it came under 'wear and tear', no doubt the ARB bushes would if they need changing. Will keep you lovely people updated on my findings.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links