Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuse/wiring/bulbs

Durika

Hello,

I just figured out that my front right and rear right parking lights do not work. I have located the fuse box under the hood and checked some of the fuses. But did not find the one which controls these lights. Is it possible, that it is just a fuse, or all the parking lights are on one fuse?

Thanks

The fuse for those is not under the hood, but inside the car in a second fusebox. In my LHD model, it's behind the lower left part of the dashboard (where the headlight washer's and VSC's buttons are). It's a 10A fuse if I remember well...

Hello and welcome on TOC!

As far as I remember the fuses control parking lights in pairs like 2xfront and 2xrear. Not the right and left side separately. Probably you should change the bulbs?

Hello and welcome on TOC!

As far as I remember the fuses control parking lights in pairs like 2xfront and 2xrear. Not the right and left side separately. Probably you should change the bulbs?

I've just checked the manual, it says all parking lights belong to interior fuse No.1, a 10A one. But if only one side doesn't work, I'd also say it's the bulbs not the fuse.

Thanks guys,

It was the bulb, I changed at least the rear one already. So I guess the front one will be the same story.

Anyways, do you know if there is the owners manual somewhere online available to download (I only found other models - not auris)? I would like to order a spare bulb for all the lamps, just to have option to change it anytime one goes off. The bulbs in the box that I have in the car are without the metal part (like this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41F5TPrHCDL._SL500_AA300_.jpg) and I have no idea how could I possibly fit is in the car as I have there something like this: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41nUd1CqCkL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Thanks again, seems like really active community here, respect!

GLHF

The manual may be useless, as people have stated they have wrong bulb types there, and I do, actually, too.

If it's the rear parking light you need to check the type of the bulb, it's written on the base of the bulbs. Then just go to the shop and buy similiar one, or take the old one with you.

Bulb without the metal part will replace front parking bulb. For the rear the type is Ba15s if I remember correctly.

So front parkers: T10 W5W

Blinkers BAU15s

Low beams: H11

Fog lights: H11

High beams: HB3 (9005)

Rear parkers: Ba15s

Blinkers: BAU15s

Brakes: W16W

Reverse: Ba15s

Fog light: Ba15s

I hope I remembered everything correct :)

• 1 year later...

My rear right parking light has gone... all other bulbs work.....

I have tried 13 bulbs, none of which seem to work, anyone have an idea as to what could cause it?

Was driving home tonight from work with a police car behind me the entire time, luckily I was not pulled over although I had a load of spare bulbs with me.

Thanks.

Maybe it's the connector? The white thing attached to the bulb holder. Open the lid up and see if all wires are properly attached in there.

I had this fault on a different vehicle, it may be the clip which is cheap. If it is, get someone to press down the handbrake and wiggle the bulb clip holder around, if your bulb suddenly flickers and works for a bit its that.

As far as I know handbrake will not activate the brake lights!!!

• Like 2

Hi all,

Thank you for your responses!

I've checked the wiring and there does not seem to be any issues with it whatsoever...

I really don't know what is causing it.. I doubt it can be the fuse box as I would have presumed that all the lights on the right side would have stopped working...

I will however check the 10A fuse when I get a chance in the morning and give an update.

The car has been rock solid since I bought it in 2010, this has been the biggest issue to date!

Can there be any other possible causes or diagnostics I can carry out to rule anything else out?

Thanks.

Having spent alot of time trying to figure out what is going on with the rear lights. I still can't work it out. The fuse is fine. I'll be taking it to my local garage maybe they can shed some light on this issue... Will let you know how it goes.