Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyres

kencat

Any 1 got any Views on my rav 4 tyres 20000 miles 2 and half year old from new and thay have Perished ( date stamped 1410) about 4 to 5 mm left on them. !

Try a claim on the cars warranty ? IE Simply not fit for purpose ? How can a tyre of that age perish ?

I did try 2 add a picture !!

post-71710-0-55931800-1364841181_thumb.j

I was think the same ! All 4 tyres r the same ! Yokohamas which r not a cheap tyre ! " is any thing made 2 lasts any more lol"

Definitely make a claim. You have nothing to lose.

Yea think I will contact Toyota and yoko ! May be more than just Perishing as the rest of the tyres r fine its just between the treds It does not give me much fath in them at 70 mph !!! Any 1 got 3 year old Yokohamas on there rav ? ( other than the cracks mind thay seam a very good tyres )

Mine looked exactly like that, still had 6mm tread left, got rid of and now have Continental x contact on, better tyre quiet, more fuel efficient.

Keith

They will give you credit up to the remaining depth of the tyre - i.e. only deduct what you have used. You might be able to do it at your local tyre dealer.

Ok I will look into it thanks very much!

Oh dear... just checked mine.

Manufacture dates are :

1808 : Cracks, worse than yours..

1410 : No cracks, ( spare wheel )..

2811 : Cracks, but not as bad as yours...

I will be interested to hear what you find out.

HTH

Liz

Yea I've got a old part worn genral grabber in the boot and that's fine ! (1008)

The tyres will be covered under the tyre manufacturers warranty - not the Toyota warranty. This is the same for all car manufacturers. Best contact your Toyota dealer who should be able to inform you how long the tyre manufacturers warranty is, and what to do if the tyre warranty is still applicable.

Where are you folks finding the date stamp on the tyre?

I've got two sets of G91As and no sign of cracking. They are between three and five years old..................

Surface cracks don't always indicate a fault. Some owners here are getting over 30k out of Geolandars.

Yea ! It look like the tyre is splitting around the treds more than perishing !

Not having much luck off Toyota ! Tyres not covered , tyres do Perish , r your Pressure right , you nead new tyres lol ! Going 2 try Yokohama 2 Moro

As in my earlier post, the tyre warranty will be supplied by the tyre manufacturer (in this case Yokohama) rather than Toyota.

Unusually with the new Hyundai i20 we bought last April, that came with a leaflet from Kumho/Hankook outlining their tyre warranty - materials/workmanship warranteed for the life of the tyre (expires when the tyre tread reaches 1.6mm).

spoke 2 yoko 2 day heres the reply

i have shown pictures to warraty tec and he has drawn attention to the abraded wear on ourter edge of tyre which suggests the tyre has been run under inflated !

he has requested that we have the tyres back 4 inspection to yoko ! thay have never hered of this before ?

looks like i nead 2 spend £500 on a new set 2 find out about mine ! not happy just checked again 5mm left on tyres !

ps liz you could call yoko on 01908625601 about your tyres i spoke 2 bill i think seam a helpful chap?