Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Auris Engine Management Software

phantom2

Hi all,

Toyota claims to have reprogrammed the engine management software in the new Auris HSD, resulting in a "smoother drive" and eliminating some of the CVT disadvantages.

As an owner of the first generation Auris HSD, I have the following question : since the engines

in both cars are the same (and also in the Prius), wouldn't it be possible/easy to ask for a software "upgrade", giving us the same advantages?

To my opinion, this shouldn't be too difficult I guess (if Mr T allows it, that is)

My car is due for maintenance soon, so I will ask the dealer whether such an upgrade is possible or not (although I think he won't know, since before I had to explain him the possibility to remove the "reverse-beep"...).

I wonder what you think about this!

Hi...very good point. I suspect mr T will have upgraded the ecu hardware too, and therefore it miraculously won't be retro fittable. Worth asking the question however.

Interestingly my late 2011 Gen 1 Auris HSD feels totally different in Eco mode to my previous 2009!gen 3 prius. So perhaps there already have been software updates. I also think the warm up programme is different too. The car seems more economical than the Prius in these cold temps.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I asked the question to Toyota Belgium.

Answer : no upgrades are available for your car, reprogramming only happens when major problems accur.

So far this idea....

As for the reverse beep, I didn't find it so much of a problem in my Gen2 Prius but now I have an Auris HSD with parking sensors I find it hard to heard the parking sensor warnings for the loud reversing beep. And you can guess which one I would rather hear !

You should be able to get the loud reversing beep silenced by your dealer. It is a customer option.

Thanks for the advice - always good on this forum.

Excellent service from dealer, took car in and reverse now a single beep - heaven !. They also washed it and gave me a coffee while I waited. Even better, no charge for doing this.

Peter

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links