Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg

swarthdale

Replaced my 2006 rav with a 2010 version and I have found the mpg to be a lot worse. my old rav was getting 36mpg around town and mid 40s on a long run,new rav will be luck to get 30mpg around town and 34mpg on a run. Has anybody else had this problem?

I have a 2010 auto which gives similar figures to yours but it does improve a little when (if) the weather warms up.

Chrisjok

It would help if you fill in your profile so we know exactly what Rav you have! I am guessing it is a XT-R 2.2D are your figures from the OBD or from a brim to brim test? I suspect as you split out the urban and cruise mpg you are taking it from the computer, all I can do is suggest that the 2010 computer is far more accurate than the 2006 model and is probably more accurately reflecting the figures you have always got.

Chrisjok is also correct cold weather don't help but I guess you already know that

Miss Marple eat your heart out :)

Gus

It would help if you fill in your profile so we know exactly what Rav you have! I am guessing it is a XT-R 2.2D are your figures from the OBD or from a brim to brim test? I suspect as you split out the urban and cruise mpg you are taking it from the computer, all I can do is suggest that the 2010 computer is far more accurate than the 2006 model and is probably more accurately reflecting the figures you have always got.

Chrisjok is also correct cold weather don't help but I guess you already know that

Gus

Quality post from an old person who cannae even get home using his Sat Nav.......why is it so many folks still keep their car profiles a secret.....?

Big Kev

Gus

Quality post from an old person who cannae even get home using his Sat Nav.......why is it so many folks still keep their car profiles a secret.....?

Big Kev

cos Bothys on the look-out for a new gearbox !

thanks for the help!

I only became a member last night, i will sort my profile out :oops:

Make sure you have 2.2 bar in the tyres and again, the fuel and air filter is clean. There should rarely be a need for the engine revs to go much over 2000rpm.

Well I've just done a 2 day 200 ml trip of north and west yorkshire..
Wensleydale and Wharfedale,with a good combo of M'way and B roads.
Hardly exceeded 2k rpm,and drove like a vicar/granny.
At those revs you can hardly tell the engine is running.
My avg was 33.7mpg on the comp display,and dont think I could improve on that.

• 2 weeks later...

Got up to 39mpg yesterday,steady driving..Its down to either my latest meticulous EGR clean (thanx Ancs), the 10c rise in temp, or a combo of both.
Well chuffed.

Unless it was running like c++p, it is down to the weather. It makes a heck of a difference, especially knocking round town.

Unless it was running like c++p, it is down to the weather. It makes a heck of a difference, especially knocking round town.

You just burst my bubble :mellow:

attachicon.gif P1010066.JPGattachicon.gif P1010066.JPGThanks for all the replies guys. Think the consensus is its a no-no then. Charlie that piece of kit looks very impressive. Your good lady must have faith in you. Theres no way that my missus would let me loose with a beast like that on our garden - and those ornaments would definitely be off the window ledge. Have to say though that the RAV makes a fantastic van. Helped refurb my sons flat last year and it swallowed everything we threw at it no problems. As we've gone a bit agricultural thought I'd post this picture that I took at a steam fair a few years ago - that's what I call a tug of war. Which do think won? I'll post the answer tomorrow.

.......and furramore, mucker Paul, if those improvements are taken from the OBC........I call my OBC David Cameron.

How in the name of Sherwood Forest's pastor did grangie's post get on here.....?

Big Kev

• Like 1

attachicon.gif P1010066.JPGattachicon.gif P1010066.JPGThanks for all the replies guys. Think the consensus is its a no-no then. Charlie that piece of kit looks very impressive. Your good lady must have faith in you. Theres no way that my missus would let me loose with a beast like that on our garden - and those ornaments would definitely be off the window ledge. Have to say though that the RAV makes a fantastic van. Helped refurb my sons flat last year and it swallowed everything we threw at it no problems. As we've gone a bit agricultural thought I'd post this picture that I took at a steam fair a few years ago - that's what I call a tug of war. Which do think won? I'll post the answer tomorrow.

>>>

.......and furramore, mucker Paul, if those improvements are taken from the OBC........I call my OBC David Cameron.

How in the name of Sherwood Forest's pastor did grangie's post get on here.....?

Big Kev

Haha..Or any of the lying barstools.

It would take me about 6 months to get results back from a brim test,apart from the expense ;~)

Chip it and get a few more MPG's. My GM has just put one on his brand new RAV and reckons he is getting 52 ish now

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks Kingo..
I'm saving up and on the lookout for a weekend paper round.

How much is the chip for a 2012 150bhp diesel these days ans does.it make much difference?

I did Walsall to Newbury and back (250 miles) on pretty much all motorway and a34 duel carriage way on Saturday (took the other half to Downton Abbey). I got 39 mpg, but I was doing 75 mph rather than the more frugal 65 mph.

Have always used computer thing in car when car new only 38 mpg but slowly improved as car got some miles on the clock

Done over 22.500 miles now it usually shows between 40- 41 mpg its 12 miles to work on A & B roads

I don't plod along I drive to how traffic and road conditions are

Will be saving on diesel in a few months being made redundant from last coal mine in south yorkshire

Maltby Colliery

Sorry to hear that mate..Hope you got a decent payout.

Its the Turbo.. the 180bhp.. and the extra weight of all the gizmo's that make the T180's struggle for mpg..but you could argue its a small price to pay for such a high spec and lovely to drive limousine .
The wifes non turbo basic Rav4 easily does 50mpg..
I still prefer my T180 though.

• Like 2

Have always used computer thing in car when car new only 38 mpg but slowly improved as car got some miles on the clock

Done over 22.500 miles now it usually shows between 40- 41 mpg its 12 miles to work on A & B roads

I don't plod along I drive to how traffic and road conditions are

Will be saving on diesel in a few months being made redundant from last coal mine in south yorkshire

Maltby Colliery

Very timely post Rodger, on the day that God knows how much vehicle excise duty has been spent on other ""public events" in That London. Utter besta luck on the redundancy front.

Big Kev

.......and more on topic, was toddling along in Funnerburd Wan yesterday, when I glanced at the OBC........42 mpg it was reading!!! Thought I had a digital speedo suddenly......warmer temperatures are brill.......thought it only had two digits in it........3 and 2.....if its name was Pinnochio, ah would have lost ma left eye by now.

Big Kev

• 3 weeks later...

I had 26mpg, I cleaned and changed everything and no help.

But one motnth ago I did the reset the computer (whole car - with Battery disconnect and new start and waiting 10 min....)

NOW it does 30 mpg, so it's great. I like it... (just saved 300 eur a year)

(machanic said , because I have D-CAT it will not go above 27mpg,

Just done a couple of days mini tour of west Yorkshire..175mls of up and down dale.

Got an OBC reading of avg 35mpg.

That's taking it real slow and keeping to around 1500-2k rpm..Dont think I could do much to improve on that.

In the Game of Nod, peeps........drive the far king things or buy a Yaris 1.4 Diesel.......!!!!! Just got a vision there......Wardude wih two Rottweillies on a Roofrack........

• Like 2

Not complaining Kev..just saying what is possible if your a skinflint like me.
seeing 26mpg puts me in a bad mood. :disgust: