Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Handsfree Phone

Dena666

Any recommendations for a blutooth hands free kit for my new IQ2 please?

Hi Dena. Welcome to the club and the IQ forum. Which? haven't tested any bluetooth hands free kits for cars. However Parrot equipment seems to get good reviews - have a look at Amazon.

It has good DSP which means it actively filters out engine and road noise

david

Great, thanks everyone. Now I need to decide which Parrot, there seem to be loads!

If you're looking at Amazon, go for one with as good reviews as you can

I had a parrot system in my car in South Africa, it went with the car when I left SA in Feb 2012.

Worked perfectly with my blackberry via bluetooth I would buy another.

Great thanks, will have a look now. Getting car on Saturday, all very exciting!

Its nice to have a new car - doesn't matter whether it is brand new or used - its new to you.

I've got the Mki9200 model and its superb. Installation was straight forward ( Providing you don't mind getting stuck in removing interior bits ).

The kit gives you bluetooth phone, music playback via bluetooth and charging / normal connection to USB / iPhone or iPod / aux.

Mic pickup I'm told is clear and volume in the cabin is more than up to the task.

Would happily recommend

Si

I use this one. Looks like part of iQ interior when fitted and works perfectly

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/htc-car-v100-car-mic-bluetooth-visor-speakerphone-p34394.htm

Also got this, again perfect for iQ

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/htc-car-stereoclip-audio-bridge-car-a100-p34396.htm

And while we are at it this as well

http://www.mobilefun.co.uk/htc-cc-c200-p22081.htm

All are well made, ,match the iQ interior ( in grey anyway) and all work well together.

No brainer for htc owners like me

Thanks SoSmart, sounds great, not sure about the interior wiring bit - don't wanna ruin my wheels!

Professional installation is always an option. Believe me. I helped a mate install it and installation isn't that invasive to be fair. Follow the online PDF's to install the Toyota hands free kit (Or get a pro to) and install literally takes 10 minutes tops.

I run an iPhone as well. The kit charges if the phones plugged in, I can skip tracks, change volume and music pauses if a call comes through. Really can't fault it. There's cheaper out there but the equivalent Nokia kit I was told didn't always work as well with iPhones when I bought it (Recommended by the mate who helped me install it). The loom adaptor (Bought separately) plugs straight into the Toyota loom so can be taken out if / when you change the car.

Si

Are they just for HTCs Dark Matter? I have an IPhone.

Are they just for HTCs Dark Matter? I have an IPhone.

No reason why not as long as you have bluetooth. The music clip and visor hands free have different bluetooth profiles so they are identified by my One X as different devices connected at the same time. Essentially this means that you can use them both at the same time without any problem. I'm fairly sure this is a bluetooth thing not an htc thing.

• 2 months later...

Ive had experience of the Parrot MKI9200 and, if installed properly, they are great, however, there are a few negative sides, t sometimes crashes, which is no real problem, the provided instructions are a bit naff, but a quick search on the net gets some better ones. By far the worst problem is the brightness of the screen at night, its way too bright, so get it mounted low or put its pouch over it in the dark. Oher than that, they are great.