Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Diagnostics On A Avensis 98

meloned

Hi folks got problems with my Avensis which I have posted previously just wondering if it would be possible to see the problem with the on board diagnostics and i have been told that if it is an immobilizer problem you can cross two pins for a few mins and that will reset it ??

please help as I'm totally confused with it ..?

And is the diagnostics plug is behind the coin holder ?regards meloned

Hello again. Yes your car can flash fault codes from the OBD by using a paper clip or earth wire to jump terminals 4 and 13 on the OBD socket. On the instrument panel, the EML, ABS, & SRS indicators will flash. The duration and the times are repeated, but if not constant will mean a code is stored.

The OBD diagnostics socket is behind the coin holder, just pull the holder open and out to remove.

You will find the fuse and relays, with the diagnostic socket just above.

I have not got a definitive faults list that includes the immobilizer, so you may have to check the forum or search the web for the answer.

If I find out more information I will post.

• Like 1

Hello again. Yes your car can flash fault codes from the OBD by using a paper clip or earth wire to jump terminals 4 and 13 on the OBD socket. On the instrument panel, the EML, ABS, & SRS indicators will flash. The duration and the times are repeated, but if not constant will mean a code is stored.

The OBD diagnostics socket is behind the coin holder, just pull the holder open and out to remove.

You will find the fuse and relays, with the diagnostic socket just above.

I have not got a definitive faults list that includes the immobilizer, so you may have to check the forum or search the web for the answer.

If I find out more information I will post.

Many thanks for your help I have bought a code reader a maxiscan ms309 might read the Toyota but will read my other car another toy to play with :hammer:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links