Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Correct Oil Choice.

Phil White

We have a 61 plate Aygo and a 58 plate Yaris diesel. I asked the dealer service dept for a bottle of top up oil for the Aygo and was given Mobil 5W30. Said I may as well have a bottle for the Yaris while there and was told to use the same stuff. Apparently they do!

when i take my car to mercedes they use Shell helix ultra extra 5w - 30w so from that i would say that the grade you have been given will be perfectly fine as i am sure mercedes wouldn't use a low quality grade of oil.

• 1 month later...

Well it's been a few weeks since I did the oil and filter change. Worked out I am getting about 45MPG on the typical urban cycle, mainly commuting.

It seems good enough to me.

If you look at the last post by adilmon in this link, you will see that after 2009 Toyota has used/or suggests using 0W-30 for fuel economy (does not say that it is preferred or best for engine). Look at the paragraph describing the engine change for 2009, "1KR-FE Engine" in the last post.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/95168-official-2009-aygo-differences/

But many dealers continue to use 5W-30 genuine Toyota oil. I personally think that both are OK. After all the oil has to be changed at least every year (no long life oil changes in Aygo) so it does not matter as far as the function or protection goes. The temperature characteristics of 5W-30 are very good even for people living in snow filled countries. My dealer uses 5W-30.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links