Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Shoes, Pads And Discs

toylexus

Fitted all the above today as well as a shoe retaining kit, springs etc on my 02 1.4 corolla. The handbrake is rubbish. I adjusted the toothed wheel up till shoes were rubbing disc and then backed it off 6 teeth. It holds but not on a steep hill. maybe I need time to let it bed in.

Anyone any suggestions

Just done mine too (TS though), adjusted up to the shoes but the handbrake was slack so wouldnt hold on full clicks. To be honest though i didnt back the shoes off as many clicks as you, not really too fused losing a mm off the shoes by a little bit of rubbing as i dont use them for braking and i'm not going to be doing handbrake turns (except for on car parks in the ice :) ).

Took the centre console out, two screws behind the ash tray and one bolt in the centre cubby hole behind the handbrake lever. Adjusted the tightening nut with a 10mm spanner to firm it up to about 4-5 clicks on full.

Make sure the handbrake is off when you adjust it, or you'll be buying a new cable too :dontgetit: .

have it adjusted now to 4 clicks on handbrake but still not happy with it and pulled it up a bit more on the wheels :disgust:

Hi,

Like all new pads and shoes they need time to bed in, typically garages say take it easy for the first hundred miles, but of course the handbrake shoes ( assuming your model is the combined pad and handbrake shoe type) only get minimal use so will take a lot longer to bed in.

Perhaps try running along at a low speed and gently partially pull and hold on the handbrake a bit to help them wear in

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links