Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Do You?

I was enjoying what felt like the first day of the year above freezing yesterday and cleaning the inside of the Rav, I noticed scuff marks on the plastic by the footwell and also the door sills, has anyone got any tips on how to remove/disguise these?

Many thanks

Gus

Well...... Sill covers is one way if you are talking about the sills.

General plastic scuffing can be fixed by sanding down enough to remove the scuff marks, then use a textured aerosol spray to recreate the texture, smooth it with a very fine (2000) abrasive until it matches and then spray with the appropriate shade of black.

Job done :)

Sill covers in place, part of the protection pack I think? the marks I am talking about are the general day to day ones where shoes hit the plastic on the door near the speaker and also the bit of plastic between the carpet/car mat and the sills themselves.

They don't come off with a damp cloth so might have a gentle go with a non scratch scourer, not sure if they are scratches or possibly more like rub marks/dirt from the sides/bottom of shoes.

Gus

Hi Gust, I use "The Great White Sponge" from Halfords for these types of scuffs costs about £3.00 . You can use it with just plain water but I put a little washing up liquid in it, it never fails for these types of scuffs, just be a little bit liberal arounf the speaker mesh as it takes an age to dry.

On the area's which were get getting scuffed continously, we bought some transparent sticky back sign making vinyl, and used it to cover the plastic to protect it.

The main area's we did use it, were the bottom of the doors and the tailgate.

When it gets tatty, you can just cut another bit using a template, and replace it...

Once cleaned try gentle polishing with "Peanut Butter" Amazing stuff for restoring plastic.