Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Tourer Load Cover/parcel Shelf - Broken Locating Peg

fixitnow

One of the plastic pegs that hold the pull out cover in place on my 2007 Avensis Tourer has broken so I went to Mr T to buy a replacement and the conversation went :-

Me - I want a new peg for the load cover please.

Mr T - Sorry they don`t supply these. The only option is to buy a new load cover.

Me - How much is that ?

Mr T - About £420 - I know that because somebody wanted on last week, but he decided to bodge it himself when I told him the cost.

Me - Do you sell many new load covers?

Mr T - No but we get lots of customers asking for the plastic pegs !!!!!!!!

Come on Toyota - get real and supply these parts which obviously fail due to poor design, and let us customer have them free.

• Like 1

This happened to me last week! managed to find the broken peg and superglued it back on. Don't know if it will last though...

• 6 months later...

Hi, same problem here-any luck with toyota supplying them?

cheers

Same thing happened to mine the other month back! Found the pin and super glued it back on! Still on there now and going strong 😀👏😎👍

I've had a couple of goes at mending one of mine. The last time it seems to have worked. I drilled a hole through the centre of the broken bit of the peg so that I could use a long wood/self-tapping screw to gain some "grip" in the aluminium profile within the load cover. I then put some two pack putty material (from a diy shop, you mix it with your hands) in the "hole" of the porfile to give the screw some adhesion.

I think I did see an old E-bay listing for a Toyota peg kit - so they may be available. It is a PITA when car manufacturers try to rip off customers for parts that break because they are not well designed.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links