Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Please - Auris 1St Gen Vs Auris 2Nd Gen Vs Prius 2010/11

JV2013

Hi All,

After weeks and weeks of debating. We have finally decided to replace our 2010 Audi A3 1.9 tdi with a Toyota hybrid. This was cemented yesterday when I noticed petrol is now nearly 8p cheaper than diesel in my area.

We have looked at some many different cars - mini countryman, Audi A4's etc.

Originally I looked at the Prius 2010/11 (So I get 2 years warranty). However, these ares are around £10.5-11.5k with sub 40k.

Then I looked at the first gen Auris which seems such better value for money. IE newer and less miles. Do you think this would come down in price more as the new model is out?

Then I saw second hand gen2 Auris for around £18k - this is too expensive but I'm looking to buy in 2months so thinking more exdemos will be on the market?

Last question does anyone have either of these cars with young kids?

Decisions, decisions, if someone has been in the same boat. Advice would be brilliant!!!

The ex demos start to appear more frequently on the market just before the number plates change. The first step to take if you are in any doubt as to the suitability of the Auris, is try one for size. If you can fit in the children, their seats, their pushchairs and your shopping you are nearly there.

Bear in mind, the Prius has a lot more boot space than the Auris if you're going to be carting more stuff around with the kids.

Other than that the Auris is probably a better value second hand buy and it looks like a normal car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links